Customer Service Representative II - DeltaCare
Company: Delta Dental of California
Posted on: January 16, 2020
AT DELTA DENTAL WE:
PROMOTE ACCOUNTABILITY, INTEGRITY AND COLLABORATION: Our employees
are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation
to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
FOSTER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Our employees take ownership of
developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and
providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying
VALUE CUSTOMERS AND CULTIVATE POSITIVE EXPERIENCES: Our employees
take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and
exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let s chat. We would love to
tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook,
@lifeatDDins on Twitter
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits
provider. As an employee you ll take part in our mission to become
the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities
and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an
ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on
pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms
of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take
pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values
of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of
companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the
U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc.,
Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company,
together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation s
largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million
enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of
members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who
execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for
today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of
high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping
commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our
leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and
motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our
employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and
challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems.
Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering
development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other s
strengths and sharing in successes.
We are customer obsessed at Delta Dental and highly value strong
customer support representatives. In this Customer Service
Representative II position, you will have the opportunity to make a
difference at the front lines of our operation as you handle
inquiries efficiently and accurately in a timely manner.
You are the company s primary point of communication to customers.
Responsibilities will include: Researching and responding to
customer telephone, electronic or written inquiries and providing
excellent service to customers with information regarding basic
eligibility, benefits and claims status with emphasis on customer
How you will make an impact:
* Respond to complex telephone, electronic, and written inquiries
from dental/vision professionals, groups, subscribers and
* Communicate eligibility, benefits, claims policies and
* Document each customer encounter and resolution in appropriate
computer tracking system.
* Expediently access reference materials to analyze and determine
appropriate responses to telephone, electronic, and written
inquires. Forward claims as necessary based upon findings.
* Identify, report and document system discrepancies. Accurately
complete online/hard copy forms and routes to the appropriate
* Meet and maintain production standards, counts, and inquiry
response turnaround times.
* Utilize contact tracking functionality to follow up on open calls
to ensure resolution is achieved within agreed upon standards.
* Provide support to other departments as directed.
* Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned and participate in
What we look for:
* Dental assisting certificate, 2 years dental office or dental lab
experience, 1 year contact center experience in a dental insurance
environment, or 9 months experience as a level 1 representative in
the Delta Dental Enterprise Contact Center
* Knowledge of dental terminology and procedures
* Ability to pass CSR II test
* High school graduate with diploma or equivalent
* Ability to handle constant customer contact/forced workflow
* Interpersonal and communications skills to work effectively with
all levels of staff
* Strong organizational/time management skills and multi-tasking
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Respond quickly and accurately, continuously meeting or exceed
* Ability to adapt to a changing environment
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
* Ability to absorb and retain detailed information
* Ability to apply reason to evaluate and respond to the needs of
* Knowledge of policies, procedures and guidelines
* Must be able to work regular overtime as required
* Ability to maintain regular/consistent attendance, punctuality
and adhere to scheduled shifts
* PC skills to include basic knowledge of Windows and keyboarding
skills to effectively handle inquiries
* Bilingual Spanish or Mandarin +++
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Alpharetta , Customer Service Representative II - DeltaCare, Hospitality & Tourism , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!