Bartender, South City Kitchen Avalon
Company: The Hotel at Avalon and Alphar
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Location: US-GA-Alpharetta# of Openings: 1Category: Food and BeveragePosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status: Non-ExemptAbout Us
Inspired by the mythical land of Avalon, where the experience of the "Good Life" is ever-present, The Hotel at Avalon arrives - a grand reimagining of resort environment, where guests are immersed in the timeless art of living well.
Here at the Hotel at Avalon, the "Good Life" is ever present in our benefits of becoming an associate! In addition to our Company's medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits, Hotel at Avalon associates also enjoy free lunch or dinner during your shift in our Associate Cafe, free gated on-site parking, provided uniforms, and discounted dry cleaning rates on-site. In addition, you and your family have access to Marriott's discounted hotel room program at thousands of Marriott locations around the world.
"Think of us as a guide to the extraordinary, a gateway to the unconventional, a beacon of good taste".
Inspired by the mythical land of Avalon, where the experience of the "Good Life" is ever-present, The Hotel at Avalon arrives - a grand reimagining of resort environment, where guests are immersed in the timeless art of living well. Here, graceful, modern Southern hospitality is infused throughout a luxurious walkable community of shopping, dining, lodging, working, and entertaining, all in the heart of Alpharetta, Georgia. Flowing from the hotel, the new Alpharetta Conference Center provides the area's premier meetings and events destination.
We recognize that bartenders are one of the most important roles in the restaurant. You are on the "front line" spending more time with our guests than anyone else. Your challenge is to combine product knowledge, salesmanship, personality and charm resulting in a complete and joyful dining experience for guests, making each guests' visit a memorable one.
* Maintains proper and adequate set-up of the bar on a daily basis according to HEI Hotels and Resorts and Fifth Group Restaurant service standards. This includes requisitioning and stocking of all beer, wine, spirits, paper products, straws and stirrers, condiments and produce based on projections from the daily functions sheet
* Responsible for maintaining stock, cutting, and storing of all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables daily to insure product quality.
* Greets guests in a courteous and friendly manner, promotes and documents orders for drinks. Mixes, garnishes and presents drinks using standard ingredient recipes and practicing prudent portion control.
* Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
* Inputs orders into a register at the point of sale and creates a check for each guest, including those served by other beverage servers, to maintain accountability of all beverages served.
* Receives cash from guests, makes any change needed, verifies validity of charges, records charges, and insures vouchers are properly executed, in order to balance all moneys in accordance with HEI Hotels and Resorts cash handling procedures.
* Locks and stores all beverage, food and other equipment items, deposits cash drops and secures bank.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Hotel experience and/or restaurant experience preferred.
* Must communicate well with guests.
* Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation and service of various alcoholic beverages.
* Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges, and understand portion sizes.
* Sufficient manual dexterity in hands in order to use a knife to make garnish, pick up glassware and bottles, scoop ice, mix drinks, and reach overhead to retrieve stock with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to operate a keyboard and point of sale procedures to pre-check an order and close out a check with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to stand and work in confined spaces for long periods of time with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
* Must have the ability to communicate in English.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI106831638
Keywords: The Hotel at Avalon and Alphar, Alpharetta , Bartender, South City Kitchen Avalon, Hospitality & Tourism , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!