Sous Chef OEM, South City Kitchen Avalon
Company: The Hotel at Avalon
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Overview Inspired by the mythical land of Avalon, where the
experience of the "Good Life" is ever-present, The Hotel at Avalon
arrives - a grand reimagining of resort environment, where guests
are immersed in the timeless art of living well. Here, graceful,
modern Southern hospitality is infused throughout a luxurious
walkable community of shopping, dining, lodging, working, and
entertaining, all in the heart of Alpharetta, Georgia. Flowing from
the hotel, the new Alpharetta Conference Center provides the area's
premier meetings and events destination. The Sous Chef is the
developing leader and talented culinarian who thrives in a high
volume restaurant where quality ingredients, teamwork, and
associate development take precedent. Join HEI Hotels and Fifth
Group Restaurants to work with the finest and most successful
people in Atlanta's hospitality industry. Responsibilities
- Manage the daily production, preparation and presentation of
all food for the hotel's South City Kitchen Restaurant to ensure a
quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all Fifth
Group Restaurant and HEI Franchise standards.
- Manage Human Resources in the production and preparation areas
of the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the
associates while providing a safe work environment; train, develop,
empower, coach and counsel, recommend and provide open
communication vehicles to build a loyal and passionate staff.
- Schedule and manage the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen,
equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work
environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and
franchise standards and regulations.
- Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare
the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are
met/exceeded while quality is maintained/improved.
- Promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities
and related expenses.
- Assist the Executive Restaurant Chef in the creation, costing
and implementation of seasonal and special menus.
- Should assume the responsibilities of the Executive Restaurant
Chef in his/her absence.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned. About Us
Inspired by the mythical land of Avalon, where the experience of
the "Good Life" is ever-present, The Hotel at Avalon arrives - a
grand reimagining of resort environment, where guests are immersed
in the timeless art of living well. Here at the Hotel at Avalon,
the "Good Life" is ever present in our benefits of becoming an
associate! In addition to our Company's medical, dental, vision,
and retirement benefits, Hotel at Avalon associates also enjoy free
lunch or dinner during your shift in our Associate Cafe, free gated
on-site parking, provided uniforms, and discounted dry cleaning
rates on-site. In addition, you and your family have access to
Marriott's discounted hotel room program at thousands of Marriott
locations around the world. "Think of us as a guide to the
extraordinary, a gateway to the unconventional, a beacon of good
- Two+ years of post high school education, culinary education is
- Five+ years of employment in a related position.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices
within the food profession. This includes experiential knowledge
required for management of people and/or complex problems and food
and beverage management.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans,
security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations,
preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget
forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure
accomplishment of goals.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
Keywords: The Hotel at Avalon, Alpharetta , Sous Chef OEM, South City Kitchen Avalon, Hospitality & Tourism , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!