PM Line Cook, South City Kitchen
Company: The Hotel at Avalon and Alpharetta
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Inspired by the mythical land of Avalon, where the experience of
the Good Life is ever-present, The Hotel at Avalon arrives a grand
reimagining of resort environment, where guests are immersed in the
timeless art of living well. Here, graceful, modern Southern
hospitality is infused throughout a luxurious walkable community of
shopping, dining, lodging, working, and entertaining, all in the
heart of Alpharetta, Georgia. Flowing from the hotel, the new
Alpharetta Conference Center provides the area s premier meetings
and events destination.
The line cook is the passionate culinarian who thrives in a high
volume restaurant where quality ingredients and teamwork take
precedent. Join HEI Hotels and Fifth Group Restaurants to work with
the finest and most successful people in Atlanta's hospitality
* Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and
production and portion standards, per check from servers.
* Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not
to over prepare estimated needs.
* Date all food containers and rotate as per HEI Hotels and Resorts
standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper
* Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation,
freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or
possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
* Return all food items not used on next shift to designated
storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
* Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost
problems, control food waste, loss and usage per HEI Hotels and
* Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler, stove,
steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table, tilt
kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Hotel or independent restaurant experience preferred.
* Finger/hand dexterity in order to operate food machinery with or
without reasonable accommodation.
* Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods
weighing a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule with or
without reasonable accommodation.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and
financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including
Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and
Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: The Hotel at Avalon and Alpharetta, Alpharetta , PM Line Cook, South City Kitchen, Hospitality & Tourism , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!