Workers Compensation Telephonic Nurse Case Manager
Company: National African-American Insurance Association (N
Posted on: May 12, 2022
National African-American Insurance Association (NAAIA)
- Workers Compensation Telephonic Nurse Case Manager CI Workers
Compensation Telephonic Nurse Case Manager
DescriptionDescriptionThe Workers Compensation Telephonic Nurse
Case Manager is responsible for evaluating and expediting
appropriate, cost effective medical treatment of injured employees
with the goal of optimum medical improvement. The TCM is
responsible for disability management, including proactive early
return to work coordination. Close collaboration with the claims
and medical team to achieve individual case and department goals is
a critical component of the position. The preferred location for
this position is New Haven CT. Consideration will also be given to
candidates that can be based out of our Whitehouse Station NJ
MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Timely acknowledgment and review of new assignments.
- Timely completion of three point contacts within TCM
- Complete initial assessment report and case management plan.
Identify appropriate disability duration timeframes. Make
recommendations as to further activities and need for continued
- Throughout the life of an assignment review, analyze and
critically assess medical records compared to evidence based
treatment guidelines; communicate findings and recommendations to
the adjuster as part of the development of a medical action plan.
- Active participation in claim round tables and committee
meetings to discuss medical and disability direction and assist
claims staff with recommendations for resolving the claim.
- Develop action plan for early return to work (RTW) based on
disability duration guidelines.
- Update the employer on work status of employee and verify
status of RTW possibilities.
- Meet productivity requirements
- Effectively manage inventory based on guidelines.Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. This
position will involve continuous personal, telephone and written
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate strong skills in time management, organization and
- Knowledge of traumatic injuries and the resultant disabilities
and medical complications.
- Knowledge of the local Worker's Compensation Acts and working
knowledge of the medical providers in the assigned territory.
- Knowledge and expertise in use of medical treatment guidelines
and disability duration guidelines.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products and ability to learn
other technology tools.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the
ability to work independently to manage priorities and meet
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing required and
willingness to obtain additional licenses as needed.
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) certification a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Minimum 3 year experience in Workers Compensation Case
Management field required.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plusEEO StatementAt Chubb, we are
committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all
laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide
employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions
or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color,
religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry,
mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic
information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any
other characteristic protected by law. Performance and
qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign,
promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits
all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any
individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
- Job ID: 63056668
- Position Title:Workers Compensation Telephonic Nurse Case
- Company Name For Job:Chubb Insurance
- Job Type:Full-TimeJobs You May Like CI Chubb Insurance CI Chubb
Insurance CI Auto Claims Examiner - Service Center Chubb Insurance
CI SVP, Lead Actuary & Sub-Domain Leader for NA Small... Chubb
Insurance Insert additional messaging here.
Keywords: National African-American Insurance Association (N, Alpharetta , Workers Compensation Telephonic Nurse Case Manager, Human Resources , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!