Company: Motrex, LLC
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Overview Under direction of Payroll Manager, the Payroll
Specialist assists with processing of weekly hourly union payroll,
taxes, garnishments and payroll deductions related to company
benefits. - Additionally, the Payroll Specialist will coordinate
the processing of the bi-weekly Canadian payroll with the Payroll
Manager and Payroll Provider. Responsibilities
- Assists with all aspects of payroll process: review and
calculate time cards and make applicable changes; compute wages and
salaries, mandatory and voluntary deductions; and generates direct
deposit files, paychecks, and pay stubs.
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and
- Update payroll records by entering changes in exemptions,
reviewing insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes,
deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and
procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by
keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as
needed. Qualifications Skills: -
- Working knowledge of multi-state payroll and year end processes
in the U.S.and Canada.
- Must work well under pressure to meet required deadlines.
- Skilled working with email (Gmail) and spreadsheets (Excel,
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize work,
excellent organizational skills, and initiative to improve
processesExperience / Education: -
- Minimum two (2) years U.S. payroll experience
- Must have experience processing payroll for union
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting preferred or
- ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Canada and Mexico payroll experience preferredTravel / Other
- No Travel Required EEO Statement Motrex is an equal opportunity
employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis
prohibited by law. About Statement Motrex (motrexllc.com) provides
services to industrial manufacturing and recycling businesses. We
specialize in Finance and Accounting, Purchasing, EHS Compliance,
Quality and Human Resource Management, as well as Information
Technology. Our multi-functional approach enables us to exploit
synergy potential and thus improve the competitiveness of our
Keywords: Motrex, LLC, Alpharetta , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!