Director, Human Resources Manufacturing Operations
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 19, 2023
OverviewStryten Energy builds the best batteries in the
industry.From submarines to subcompacts, Stryten Energy builds
innovative battery solutions that power everything from warehouses
and distribution centers to cars, trains, and trucks. Our stored
energy technologies include advanced lead, lithium, and vanadium
redox flow batteries, intelligent chargers, and energy performance
management software that keep people on the move and supply chains
running.An industry leader backed by more than a century of
expertise, Stryten has The Energy to Challenge the status quo and
deliver top-performing energy solutions for today's most
recognizable brands in manufacturing, distribution, and retail.
Stryten partners with customers to meet the growing demand for
reliable energy storage capacity now and into the future.The
Stryten Energy corporate office is home to the leadership team and
multiple support teams, including finance, engineering, human
resources, and IT. These employees provide vital service to twelve
manufacturing plants located across the United States.The Director,
Human Resources - Manufacturing leads the HR function for
manufacturing operations. Reporting to the SVP, CHRO, this role is
responsible for implementing and directing the strategy for the
people initiatives for manufacturing operations through
collaboration with the HR and operations leadership teams People
and culture are essential to the success of the business, and this
role with work with their HR peers in developing and deploying
initiatives to attract, retain and develop the talent needed to
support our manufacturing operations. This role will develop
employee relations programs and will function as an adviser for
manufacturing operations. This position is responsible for managing
employee relations activities according to established guidelines
and sound administrative practices and in accordance with the
Company's mission, values, and goals. This position will serve as a
trusted partner to leadership providing expert guidance regarding
all aspects of human resources, including the administration of
Company policies and programs.The ideal candidate will have a human
resources business partner background and must be considered a
change agent. The candidate must have experience managing multiple
sites in both a union and non-union environment.This position is
expected to be onsite with travel 25% to manufacturing
sites.ResponsibilitiesTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to build trusting relationships within
manufacturing operations as well as with business partners
throughout the Company. This position will interact with all levels
of the organization to promote strategic alignment with Company
policies, goals, and objectives.
- Lead and develop on-site plant HR teams as they drive HR
initiatives at their manufacturing plants
- Guide and collaborate with operations leadership to build
trusting relationships with labor-management committees. Key HR
leader for all contract negotiations, building the strategy, and
providing guidance regarding labor contract disputes.
- Monitor and coordinate employee relations issues, corrective
actions, performance improvement plans, and EEO matters with
Company leaders ensuring resolution is achieved in an effective and
- Propose and develop progressive programs to increase employee
engagement and satisfaction with the Company and to reduce
- Responsible for compliance with the collective bargaining
agreements across all union locations.
- Guide the HR Manager/Generalist teams regarding working
conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee and applicant
appeals and grievances.
- Develop and administer various human resources policies,
procedures, and processes. Responsible for training and
communicating to plant HR Managers and employees.
- Partner with plant operations to review organizational
structure, and compensation programs (Manufacturing Incentive Plan,
Gainsharing, etc.), including position compensation analysis in
partnership with the Director, Compensation.
- Liaison between corporate HR functions and plant operations
(benefits, compensation, payroll, staffing, HRIS, etc.); Partner
with these functions to ensure consistency and ongoing
communications with regard to updates, process changes, etc.
- Propose and develop progressive programs to increase employee
engagement and satisfaction with the Company to retain
- Develop, recommend, and collaborate with the HR team on hiring
and retention strategies to improve employee engagement.
- Responsible for conducting confidential investigations
regarding employee relations concerns, and complaints. Seeks
guidance as needed from Human Resources Leadership and/or Labor
Attorney on risks, resolution, and actions.
- Leverage systems, tools, technologies, and other resources to
provide administrative support to the department as needed, may act
as a liaison between employees and other HR employees in obtaining
information, as well as the accurate completion and collection of
mandated documentation to ensure compliance with government
regulated guidelines and timelines.
- Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of department
initiatives about established goals. Recommend innovative
approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual
improvements in efficiency of department and services
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment
laws. Demonstrate prudent judgment when making important decisions
by utilizing knowledge of industry best practices and current
trends. Work with diverse stakeholders and build strong,
collaborative relationships. Manage competing agendas and
priorities across different functional departments.
- Has a "can do" attitude and a positive outlook, while
minimizing negative behaviors. Demonstrates initiative and
resourcefulness as a self-starter.
- Partner with plant leadership on workforce planning and actions
necessary to ensure proper staffing levels.QualificationsEducation,
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or related
field. PHR or SPHR is preferred.
- 10+ years of previous experience in labor relations is
- Experience in employee relations performance management,
worker's compensation, FMLA, employment law, planning, and project
management is required.
- 5+ years experience in a leadership position, managing in a
matrix environment at multiple locations is a plus.
- Heavy experience working in a manufacturing environment is
- Project Management experience is required
- Proven experience with workforce planning is
requiredCompetencies, Skills, Knowledge:
- Collaborative/team-based management style.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of federal and state employment
guidelines is required.
- Strong computer skills including Windows-based programs such as
Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook required.
- Strong HR presence, capable of engendering trust and confidence
of all elements of the workforce.
- Capable of serving as an effective advocate of employee
- Demonstrated track record of achieving or maintaining a
positive workplace culture.Physical DemandsThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and
arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally
lift or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.EEO
StatementMotrex is an equal opportunity employer where an
applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran
status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.About
StatementMotrex (motrexllc.com) provides services to industrial
manufacturing and recycling businesses. We specialize in Finance
and Accounting, Purchasing, EHS Compliance, Quality and Human
Resource Management, as well as Information Technology. Our
multi-functional approach enables us to exploit synergy potential
and thus improve the competitiveness of our clients'
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Alpharetta , Director, Human Resources Manufacturing Operations, Human Resources , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!