Human Resources Business Partner US
Company: UCB Inc.
Posted on: October 23, 2019
Talent Partner - Americas
Starting from the business strategy, the Talent partner will define
a holistic talent strategic plan that will help delivering the
right organizational outcomes on a short, medium and long term.
In accordance with UCB's sense of purpose, strategies and values,
the Talent Partner serves as the primary contact person to an
assigned customer base, focused on influencing and coaching the
assigned Leaders, as well as providing strategic Talent support,
including Talent Management, high performing teams, organization
design strategic workforce planning, reward and cultural
Critical responsibilities for this role include, but are not
* As a member of the America's Talent Management Team, contributes
to the formulation of the Americas Talent Strategy, in line with
the Global Talent Strategy.
* Is an active & proactive key partner at the leadership team table
for assigned business and organization decisions:
* Identify strategic & tactical needs of the business.
* Develop holistic talent agenda for department, coordinate experts
in executing talent agenda within the business, execute strategic &
tactical talent activities.
* Accountable for (develop, co-ordinate) talent agenda in line with
* Based on business strategy and global talent strategy, identify
and re-evaluate continuously key talent agenda items for the
department including communicating Talent agenda to internal
stakeholders, translate talent agenda into actionable plans and
monitors success of implementation.
* Act as champion for global talent processes: explain & educate
(advocate) the business, provide input to Talent Centre of
* Maximize impact of key talents & key positions
* Organize & facilitate the Talent and Organization reviews, Coach
leaders in identification of key talents, pro-actively co-create
with manager development plans (& follow-up execution) for key
talents , pro-actively develop succession plans for key positions
(& follow-up execution).
* Hiring of key positions (to be defined for each business) with
the support of the Talent Acquisition team.
* Partner with local and global Mobility on Expat and other
colleague moves between locations.
* Assess the Talent landscape to proactively assess the changing
* Develop high-performing teams
* Identify needs/assess team status in journey, develop action
together with the leader to plan for high-performing team building
aligned with global approach, execute high-performing team
* Manage performance: Coach leaders on managing performance,
validate decisions to exit based on performance, follow-up on
execution with support of Talent operations liaison.
* Manages resolution of complex employee relation issues for
assigned customers; ensure investigations are effective, thorough
and objective. Recommend / approve decisions to involuntarily
terminate employees, as needed; partner with legal, department as
* Organization design & development - (Strategic) Workforce
* Capability building: Work on gap analysis & need identification,
execute capability development plans with support from Talent
acquisition & Learning and Development Leads.
* Organization design: Lead Workforce planning for the assigned
customer base, identify re-allocation of resources,
Co-create/challenge: identify opportunities by regularly looking
ahead 18-24 months.
* Manage overall change management for key change projects.
* Ensure equitable & differentiating reward across organization
* Facilitate Performance management / Compensation Review
* Advises and challenged assigned Leaders for the promotion
* Facilitate cultural evolution
* Identify gaps & needs on cultural adoption and Patient Value
Strategy implementation in department, develop plans to facilitate
& accelerate cultural adoption & PVS implementation with
department, in line with global approach and supported by the
Corporate Strategy and Organization development team, Coach leaders
in driving cultural change on the department, enhance local,
cross-functional collaboration & Diversity & Inclusion.
* Bachelors degree in Business Administration or Human Resources
Management is required (Master's desirable).
* Knowledge of US Employment Law.
* Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible Human
* Demonstrated ability to design and implement HR strategies,
policies and processes to address business challenges.
* Knowledge of organization development in order to be a thought
leader and implement HR initiatives such as talent development
programs, organization design, reward strategies, high performing
teams, cultural evolutions, consistent with business
* Understanding of change management concepts and ability to
facilitate and sustain organizational transformations.
* Outstanding execution skills including direct experience with the
processes and disciplines of HR, necessary to successfully evaluate
issues, offer alternatives, and creative solutions.
* Experience in the counselling of employee compensation and
benefits and reward programs with an impact on retention.
UCB and its subsidiaries encourage diversity in the workplace; we
are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: UCB Inc., Alpharetta , Human Resources Business Partner US, Human Resources , Smyrna, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!