Lead Technical Support Specialist
Posted on: May 16, 2020
THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create
software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of
digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise
As Technical Support Engineer IV for our Documentum products, you
will handle complex cases for our customers in a B2B environment.
This level 4 support role requires a deep knowledge of Documentum
products and surrounding technology including Windows Server,
Linux, Networking, Databases, Application servers, and scripting
You are great at:
Working with customers and colleagues to solve Documentum and
technology related software problems in an B2B environment.
A typical day:
* Work with customers on escalated and high-impact cases using
Webex for troubleshooting delivering customer service and solutions
to business problems.
* Work with team members as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to
provide direction and create action plans for support cases.
* Configure VMware images to replicate customer environments for
problem investigation and resolution.
* Review cases and coach team members in problem identification,
scoping, understanding and expectation setting.
* Collect and analyze heap/thread dumps to troubleshoot memory and
heap related issues.
* Isolate problems by tracing multiple layers including Documentum,
applications servers, databases and network
* Work directly with OpenText engineering and product management on
new feature alignment, highly escalated customer issues, delivering
patches, and bugs.
* Create and review technical documents for our knowledge base.
* Develop and grow your skills and share your knowledge with team
members through brown bags and knowledge transfers.
Enjoy your mornings free and commute after Atlanta s typical rush
Work hours: 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET
What it takes:
* Deep understanding of the Documentum product suite, particularly
newer products such as D2 or xCP. An in-depth knowledge of core
Documentum technology (Content Server, DFC, DFS) is essential.
* Solid understanding of OS System Administration (Windows Server
and Linux) and networking.
* Experience with database administration and performance tuning
(SQL Server, Oracle, etc.).
* Working knowledge of J2EE technologies. This includes an
understanding of web application servers (Tomcat, JBoss, WildFly,
Websphere, etc.), Web services frameworks, and Java
* Ability to understand and use various programming languages and
technologies is a plus (C++, VB script, VB, Java, Eclipse, .Net
* Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Effective communication and documentation skills.
* Ability to thrive in an event-driven environment.
* 8-12 years of support experience.
Our atmosphere is fast-paced, but relaxed and casual. We work
together in a highly collaborative environment to solve our
customers issues. Team members are given flexibility to do things
their own way and to make their own decisions. Our culture is
social and customer-centric.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and
are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best
talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry,
disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual
orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the
recruitment process please email
Keywords: OpenText, Alpharetta , Lead Technical Support Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!