Senior Manager, Software Engineering
Company: Change Healthcare
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Transforming the future of healthcare isn't something we take
lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working
together to make an impact.As one of the largest healthcare
technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate
the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.Here at
Change Healthcare, we're using our influence to drive positive
changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate
people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative
ideas to life.If you're ready to embrace your passion and do what
you love with a company that's committed to supporting your future,
then you belong at Change Healthcare.Pursue purpose. Champion
innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.--Empower Your
Future. Make a Difference.Overview of PositionThis position
oversees the analysis, design, programming, debugging, and
modification of computer programs for commercial or end user
applications, such as materials management, financial management,
HRIS, mobile apps or personal applications products (e.g.,
spreadsheets, tax packages, personal finance programs).What will be
my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Directs the activities of a software applications development
function for software application enhancements and new products
including cloud-based or internet-related computer programs.
- Analyzes and investigates applications engineering tasks and
prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations.
Interacts with project managers, marketing, sales, and users to
define application requirements and/or necessary
- May also have responsibility for testing and
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel ensuring the
efficient operation of the function.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans and delegates
assignments to subordinates.
- Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of
- Involved in developing, modifying and executing company
policies that affect immediate operations and may also have
- Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires
an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Implements strategic policies when selecting methods,
techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work
plans, and performance requirements.
- Manages activities of two or more sections or departments.
- Exercises supervision in terms of costs, methods, and staffing.
In some instances this manager may have subordinate
- Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels
on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or
- Hire, mentor, and coach a team of engineers at different
levels, grow and develop the next generation of software
- Develop cross-functional relationships across business and
technical leads, architects, and production owners to ensure
alignment with business goals and enterprise-level architectural
- Analyze technical and business requirements to Architect,
design, implement, and deliver solutions--in an agile
- Working with project team to understand migration--requirements
- Strategize and plan a project, including moving customers and
data conversion as necessary, while considering risks and potential
- Collaborate with our DevOps team to design, develop, and
maintain CI/CD processes for frequent and efficient releases
- Drive a cloud first culture for new products and assist with
creating a cloud migration strategy by working with our Cloud
Services team on design, migration planning, and operational
- Work with management on capacity objectives to satisfy new
growth and cost optimization in cloud
- Be a promoter and leader for agile/lean engineering principles
while being pragmatic with regards to each project's unique
challenges.Clearly communicate status, open issues, and solutions
to team and stakeholders and work closely with other engineering
teams to reuse and understand existing frameworks.
- Assist with preparing time estimates, sprint & project plans,
resource plans, and status reports
- Ensure testing protocols are followed and help transition the
team towards a DevOps Test Driven Development culture and direct
the implementation of long-term support solutions.
- Develop program specifications and flowcharts as needed,
develop and maintain clear and succinct documentation.
- Foster a data driven, self-sustaining culture of ownership,
continual learning and improvement.What are the requirements needed
for this position?
- 8+ years experience managing online portals / web based
applications with at least one year of management responsibility
leading development teams in a distributed and global setup,
including management of both internal and outsourced development
- 5+ years experience working in a fast-paced environment
leveraging agile/SAFe development framework
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or
equivalent work experience.
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain
acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to
- Preferred: Broad knowledge of the field with proven leadership
skills. Resolves issues and contributes to unit/area
- Technological background with a focus on web
design/development, including experience with CSS, HTML,
- Cloud platform experience; prefer experience with AWS
- Exceptional (verbal and written) communication and
- Experience writing client side web code utilizing React, Ember,
Vue or similar. (We use React and Angular for our web app).
- Experience with developing or integrating RESTful APIs
- Experience in healthcare claims operations and other revenue
cycle transactions such as ClaimStatus, Remittance, Eligibility,
Authorization, and electronic attachments a plus
- Java stack experience, including Spring Boot, Dropwizard, and
Hadoop echo systemWhat are the working conditions and physical
requirements of this job? General office demandsJoin our team today
where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly
collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action StatementChange Healthcare is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic
information,-- national origin, disability, or veteran status. To
read more about employment discrimination protections under federal
law, read EEO is the Law at
https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental
you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application
for employment, please contact us by sending an email to
requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs
submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Click here
view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.Change
Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts
pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with
federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Change Healthcare, Alpharetta , Senior Manager, Software Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!