Manager, Software Development (Clover Device OS)
Company: Genuent Global, LLC
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Manager, Software Development (Clover Device OS) This is a
hands-on Manager of Software Development, in building out next
generation of POS devices. Your role can impact both merchants and
their perception of the company as a technology leader for payment.
Your contribution to this effort will see market-leading solutions
delivered to end-clients and their customers. These devices run
latest version Android Operating system along with payments
software to comply with PCI/PTS and EMVCo certification. This team
also handles various payment certifications like PCI PTS, EMV,
UKCS, GBIC certification for our devices, which happens to be one
of the most stringent payment security certifications. This leader
will also oversee board bring ups, development of bootloaders,
kernels, device drivers that you will find in any tablet/phone
device development. We also work with the vendors, silicon partners
and the ODMs, to define, design and deliver company products. It's
an opportunity as you will be leading our device software
development, which are award winning and fast-growing smart POS and
international payment terminals. You'll lead Software Development
for client delivery projects and ensure they are completed on time
and according to specifications and outstanding quality standards.
As a Manager of Software Development, you can look forward to:
- Leading strategic and visible device software development
initiatives, including the build and commercialization of a next
generation Clover devices.
- Leading design and development of innovative, customized
features and optimize Android system at framework layer, develop
and implement key module.
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of
- Work closely with internal OS engineering team, Hardware design
team, ODM and Chip vendors to debug and resolve issues
- Leading a team of software developers and provide day-to-day
guidance on development activities.
- Building and driving software development planning, scheduling,
and execution of development activities to meet business goals and
- Lead cross functional team to drive the payment certification
like PCI/PTS, EmvCo and international certifications.
- Collaborating with other technical leaders to build, evolve,
and maintain a scalable continuous build and deployment pipeline
using mature CI/CD automation practices
- Monitoring daily operations, including application maintenance,
optimizations, project escalations and resource planning
- Documenting, reviewing and ensuring that all quality and change
policy standards are met.
- Building strong partnerships with other job functions like
product management and work towards building the product
- Allocating resources and time for the business units or
- Working with other teams like product management, sales to
ensure that product being developed meets market needs.
- Setting department goals, objectives, KPIs, serving as an
escalation point for all respective Digital Development
- Providing thought leadership to advance the delivery
capabilities and operational efficiency.
- Encouraging an innovative culture that embraces breakthrough
concepts, strategies, and distinctive products to achieve and
sustain competitive advantage and profitable growth.
- Establishing clear expectations for operational goals and
working with team to ensure targets are meaningful, clear,
monitored and achieved. The above statements are intended only to
describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed
as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities. Basic
Qualifications for consideration:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3+ years of People Leadership experience leading Software
- 5+ years of recent hands-on experience in device /embedded
software development using Android
- Strong verbal and written communication, with ability to
interact with all levels of an organization.
- 2+ years of experience in Android Framework development,
including experience in Java and C Programing.
- Strong understanding of computer science, and programming with
strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software
design is required
- Experienced in system architecture design and code reviews
- Good working knowledge of revision control and code review
tools like Git, Gerrit etc. Preferred qualifications for
- Experience coaching and leading the Agile development process
(Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc).
- Experience with DevOps and CI/CD process.
- Experience with banking, payment ecommerce systems, payments
gateways and payment processors.
- Experience in managing ODM and chip/component vendors Travel:
Post COVID Travel required up to 10% to client site and/or internal
meetings as needed. - provided by Dice
Keywords: Genuent Global, LLC, Alpharetta , Manager, Software Development (Clover Device OS), IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!