Data Developer IV (Azure Data Factory)
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Posted on: February 21, 2021
US-GA-AlpharettaReq No. 2020-7019Category ProfessionalType
We are seeking a talented Data Developer IV (Azure Data Factory) to
serve as a technology data developer lead. The Data Developer IV
works independently and plays the role of technical lead on key
strategic projects as related to data infrastructure, reporting,
data triage, master data management, and other related data
initiatives. This role acts as a team lead by mentoring all other
levels of data developers. The incumbent(s) serve as an advisor to
data team management as well as business partners in matters of
data, reporting and business intelligence. This position advises on
technology industry standards, tools, and practices as well as
design and implement best practices for data development. The Data
Developer IV partners closely with ET&S (Enterprise Technology
& Services), business and operation teams. This position also
participates in determining strategic direction for data
initiatives and best practices.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Serves as technical lead to strategic and enterprise level data
driven projects, collaborates with other areas of ET&S as well
as business units.
- Follows and advises on industry standards and advances on data
driven technologies and tools.
- Designs, implements, and updates best practices for the data
- Serves as technical lead and mentor to other less tenured data
developers and analysts.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to architectural review
board and technology review committee.
- Creates enterprise level end-to-end data flow diagrams and
logical data models.
- Develops and reviews complex SQL, T-SQL scripts, stored
procedures, SSIS workflows, Azure Data Factory pipelines for
various reporting and data development projects.
- Creates and maintains documentation related to data development
best practices, enterprise level data flow diagrams, and project
- Provides recommendations to technology tools, products and
services in order to help keep our environment on the cutting edge
- Serves as technical advisor to database administrators in areas
of database optimization, indexing and data retention.
- Serves as lead data developer on key strategic projects.
- Develops and designs solutions with security as a critical
design requirement for data, systems and applications.
- Adheres to development processes and standards including code
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- College degree in CIS, Data Management, Data Analytics, or
similar, or equivalent training and/or experience.
- 10+ years' experience working in a data function or equivalent
position where primary responsibility is working with data,
database design and data development is the primary
- Best practices for data development within a PCI
- Ability to analyze enterprise level data sources and determine
relationships between disparate sources.
- Determine methodologies for integration with 3rd party data
- Expertise in data warehousing and data modeling methodologies,
tools and best practices.
- Financial industry knowledge.
- Agile methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL stack and Azure Data
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate complex
concepts to simple and easier terms for business leaders and users
- Expert knowledge of MS Office tools including MS Visio.
- Ability to review existing processes and identify logic
problems to address.
- Ability to formulate a plan that aligns and supports to
- Ability to lead large data driven enterprise projects.
- Ability to coach, mentor and lead others in the ET&S
- Ability to identify, recommend and set best practices for the
data developer role.
- Must be detail focused.
- Must possess strong communication skills.
- Experience in adherence Change management practices
- Experience in CI/CD and unit testing preferred
- Master's degree in Data Management, CIS or similar
- Knowledge of networking concepts and operating systems
architecture concepts and communications protocols preferred.
- 10+ years' experience as a data developer working with
enterprise level data sets and primary responsibility is data
development, and database design including integration of
third-party data preferred.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where
every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that
our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of
this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent
thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a
strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of
People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own
core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and
the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million
debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and
more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement. PI129921594
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Alpharetta , Data Developer IV (Azure Data Factory), IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!