Technical Consultant (Windows, Linux)
Posted on: April 3, 2021
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this
position; all parties authorized to work in the US without
sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
A Global Provider of Financial Services Technology is seeking a
Technical Consultant (Windows, Linux) in Alpharetta, GA.
A Technical Consultant in this context is a 3rd Party Contractor
that performs the role of a Consultant for a business process,
program or technology.
• Configuring the applications to run the way the customer expects.
Onboard a new client , set up configurations, testing, turning that
over to client. Support some clients that are in production. 10%
supporting, 90% implementing. Finance experience.
• Implement applications for banks in a Data center. Implemented on
Linux or Windows Servers.
• Main app is Pep+ runs on mainframe. Some experience with
Mainframe technology. Not programming but need awareness of it.
Deploy on Linux is weblogic, IIS, Apache, DB2, oracle, SQL. Soap
and REST calls. 10 ppl on the team.
Skills & Requirements
• 5+ years experience
• Working experience and highly proficient with a wide variety of
database and distributed web technologies
• Windows Server Technology
• Linux, AIX or Unix Server Platforms
• WebLogic or WebSphere Application Servers
• Apache or IIS Web Servers
• Oracle, SQL, and DB2 database technology
• IBM WebSphere MQ
• SOAP, WSDL, XML
• TCP/IP and networking protocols, firewall architectures and
• Some working knowledge and general experience with Mainframe
• IBM's Transaction Server, CICS
• File/Database structures such as VSAM or DB2.
• Communication protocols such as TCP/IP
• Utilities such as JCL or RACF Security
• Programming languages such as COBOL
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate
knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends
. Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening
process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and
drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview
tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really
want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers
you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you
stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more
Keywords: HAYS, Alpharetta , Technical Consultant (Windows, Linux), IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!