Lead Java Developer - VP
Company: CTI Education Group
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Job Description - Lead Java Developer - VP (3164398) Job
Description Job Number: 3164398 Posting Date : Feb 8, 2021 Primary
Location : Americas-United States of America-Georgia-Alpharetta
Education Level : Bachelor's Degree Job : Development Employment
Type : Full Time Job Level : Vice President Description Company
Profile Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm
providing a wide range of investment banking, securities,
investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's
employees serve clients worldwide including corporations,
governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43
countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people
is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of
values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic.
Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a
professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and
grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives
and needs is an important part of our culture. Technology
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley
business units and the world's leading technology companies to
redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and
dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in
technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge
modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security
systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the
worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems
and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a
competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own. MS Wealth
Management (MSWM) Technology Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
(MSWM) Technology is the global technology department responsible
for the design, development, delivery and support of the technical
solutions behind the products and services used by the Morgan
Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) business. The department is
comprised of 10 organizations: Sales, Banking & Corporate-Client
Technology, Investment Products & Markets Technology, Client
Reporting, Core Processing, Private and International Wealth
Management Technology, Technology Integration Office, Enterprise
Infrastructure & Production Management, Capital Markets Application
& Data Services, Deployment Planning & Release Management, and the
Chief Operating Office. Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM)
Technology works with large scale databases such as DB2 and SQL
Server, proprietary and non-proprietary messaging software, a broad
variety of vendor products, numerous financial exchanges and
regulatory entities, and programming languages. Principal Duties
- Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may
become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and
resolve problems highly complex in nature.
- Develop the technical and design specifications of assigned
projects and may lead in implementation.
- Writes code and scripts that provide desired functionality to
the web-based software, typically for sites, products and programs
that have little or no precedent.
- Ensures that software and program defects in assigned projects
or programs are tracked and summarizes and presents findings to
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow
processes. Interacts with internal and external peers and
management to share highly complex information related to areas of
expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology /
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to
- Participates in the development of technical/business
approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Work within a multidisciplinary-team with back-end developers
and graphic designers to provide a cohesive experience
- Make suggestions for better solutions to problems
- Keep abreast of the latest and emerging technologies
Qualifications Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 10-12 years of IT Experience with at least 3 years in
Java based Micro services and event driven architecture.
- Strong knowledge of API Standards, Microservices Architecture
and Cloud capabilities.
- Hands-on experience with developing and implementing REST APIs
for the micro services reactive architecture.
- Experience with Domain Driven Design and Event Sourcing with
- Strong experience in Core Java, Spring frameworks (Spring boot
and Spring cloud), RESTAPI, cloud, micro services.
- Experience with Messaging brokers is must - kafka/MQ.
- Experience with modern SDLC, DevOps mentality and TDD
approaches. Hands-on experience in automating builds, deploys,
monitoring and alerting.
- Experience with the following development and build tools (or
similar): IntelliJ/Eclipse, Maven, BitBucket/Git/Stash,
- Have good analytical and debugging skills.
- Very good written verbal communication and can connect with
Business Stakeholders understand the business
- Good database skills with excellent query writing skills
- Provide knowledge of contemporary rapid prototyping
technologies and methods, web development
- Excellent analytical ability, strong communication skills and
ability to work in a team environment.
- College degree in computer science/related fields or
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as
- Ability to manage multiple high priority environments/projects
simultaneously Desired Tech Stack Knowledge:
- Languages - Core Java/Scala, Python
- Security - Kerberose, SiteminderFrameworks - Kafka, Spark, Akka
(nice to have), Spring boot
- Containers - Docker
- Messaging - MQ, Kafka
- Source Control - BitBucket/Git/StashGit/Stash,
Keywords: CTI Education Group, Alpharetta , Lead Java Developer - VP, IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!