Technical Product Owner
Posted on: April 5, 2021
Every day, Global Payments makes it possible for millions of
people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments
solutions for credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. Our
worldwide team helps over 3 million companies, more than 1,300
financial institutions and over 600 million cardholders grow with
confidence and achieve amazing results. We are driven by our
passion for success and we are proud to deliver best-in-class
payment technology and software solutions. Join our dynamic team
and make your mark on the payments technology landscape of
tomorrow. Technical Product Owner, Digital Innovation Team At TSYS,
we're building the future of payments. As a member of the Digital
Innovation team, you'll be part of a team passionate about
technology and using it to modernize payments, and the overall
banking experience. We build a wide variety of solutions from
automated infrastructure and cloud-based systems, to machine
learning and user experiences for web, mobile and IoT. We're
looking for people who want to join our team of designers,
engineers and enthusiasts and be a part of what's happening.
Example products that you'll be working on as a part of the TSYS DI
- Create open API's and content for TSYS Developers (
developers.tsys.com ), our client hub for open technology (API's,
SDK's and much more) developed by TSYS.
- Mobile and mobile web cardholder experiences that leverage open
technologies like react.js and react native, node, swift2, java,
springboot and others.
- Our industry leading fraud engine that leverages ML to learn
and detect fraud patterns.
- Our hybrid cloud application infrastructure that's based on
docker, kubernetes, microservices and postgres. Everyday you'll do
these kinds of things---
- Collaborate with engineers across the Digital Innovation team
to create technical designs, develop, test and solve complex
problems that drive the solution from initial concept to
- Think in terms of the big picture, and deliver on the
- Work in an engineering focused, iterative team that's composed
of people with a wide range of skills.
- Demo your work for colleagues and members of the business
- Create & articulate the Vision & roadmap for the products you
- Lead the full product cycle: ideation, research, design,
development, testing and launch.
- Relentlessly clear the way for the development team to be as
efficient as possible.
- Break down and prioritize delivery of products by developing
and maintaining the product backlog and cross-product
- Elicit, identify, document, and refine requirements from
business problems to detailed user stories and acceptance criteria
that may include technical requirements.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with stakeholders,
developers, QA, and other team members to analyze information and
- Advocate the development process through to implementation, and
ensure the delivered product meets business needs.
- Perform acceptance testing for user stories and features.
- Manage stakeholder needs & requests while balancing product
roadmap priorities. To qualify, you'll need to have: --Highly
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science,
information technology or business information systems or related
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale
applications (e.g., well-designed APIs, mobile apps, data
integrations, and/or large mobile web applications).
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively
communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Fluent, open communication style - speaking, writing,
- Demonstrated understanding of user experience, user centered
design and responsive web design. Preferred
- Minimum two years relevant experience within product
- Experience designing and delivering large distributed, mobile,
machine learning, responsive web or API software systems.
- Experience working in a team-based, start-up or agile
- Mentored product managers, engineers, and designers in how to
work together to build great products.
- A willingness to take ownership of anything at any time.
- You care about usability and pixels more than the UX/UI team,
you care about performance and reliability more than the
Engineering team, and you care about the end-user more than anyone
else. What's it like to work in our Team? Our Digital Innovation
Team is a team of advanced technical experts in a variety of fields
who work together to incubate new capabilities in a rapid,
prototype-oriented environment that emphasizes "product over
process". We're huge advocates of open source and as a member of
the Digital innovation team, you'll not only work innovative user
experiences, massive data sets and infrastructure at scale, but
you'll also be working with a team of people who represent some of
the best and brightest minds in payments. We have a growth culture
that emphasizes learning and adoption of technologies that push the
envelope. We have sessions designed each week to bring the team
together to learn and discuss topics that are critical to our
industry and the evolution of our systems. Add to that our open
work environment that emphasizes collaboration across teams. TSYS
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Business or Computer Science;
Combination of relevant training and/ or experience in lieu of
- Typically Minimum 8 Years Relevant Exp
- Experience in similar business product services and/or external
customer/market experience Global Payments Inc. is an equal
opportunity employer. Global Payments provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic
information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants
requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or
interview process should notify a representative of the Human
Resources Department. Posted 30+ Days Ago Full time R0017422 About
Us Global Payments Inc. (NYSE: GPN) is a leading pure play payments
technology company delivering innovative software and services to
our customers globally. Our technologies, services and employee
expertise enable us to provide a broad range of solutions that
allow our customers to operate their businesses more efficiently
across a variety of channels around the world. Headquartered in
Georgia with nearly 24,000 employees worldwide, Global Payments is
a member of the S&P 500 with worldwide reach spanning over 100
countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin
America. For more information, visit www.globalpaymentsinc.com and
follow Global Payments on Twitter (@globalpayinc), LinkedIn and
Keywords: Tsys, Alpharetta , Technical Product Owner, IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!