Technical Writer I
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Posted on: April 8, 2021
US-GA-AlpharettaReq No. 2Category ProfessionalType Temporary
We are seeking a talented Technical Writer to transform complex
information into consumable documentation for both CO-OP employees
and client end users. The Technical Writer will develop, update and
write a variety of end-user documentation associated with CO-OP's
solutions and processes. This position determines the needs of the
audience, organizes the structure of technical documents, and
writes information in a consumable fashion to meet the needs of the
defined audience. A Technical Writer interprets the thoughts and
ideas of product managers, business leaders and technical staff,
translating complex concepts and procedures into concise documents
in simple language.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Collaborate with departments across CO-OP as part of a project
team to produce a wide variety of technical publications.
- Gather source information from interviewing subject matter
experts and other sources of existing information.
- Create, update, and maintain deliverables including but not
limited to: technical manuals, training and instructional material,
diagrams, process flows, step by step instructions, policy and
procedures, and product documentation for internal and external
- Design and format documents that adhere to CO-OP standards for
optimum presentation, appeal, readability, and ease of ongoing
- Identify, select and incorporate visuals with written
- Write and edit content for assigned materials; adhere to and
manage materials throughout design, development, draft, edit,
review, and publishing.
- Solicit and incorporate feedback, and revise documents as
- Review, critique, and edit documentation of other Technical
Writers as part of peer review process.
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Associate degree in communications, technical writing or
management information systems.
- 1-3 years writing experience in technical communications.
- Thorough command of English grammar and foundational knowledge
of technical writing and business communication standards.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; able to adapt to a
standard technical writing style, write clearly and concisely, and
convey information in multiple formats for a variety of
- Able to analyze complex material, discern key information, and
present in manner best understood by target audience.
- Able to formulate questions to gain understanding, capture
necessary information, and ask appropriate follow-up
- Abie to effectively communicate with all functional areas and
all levels of CO-OP Financial Services.
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail and
- Able to multitask and prioritize assignments to meet assigned
- Able to work effectively in an ambiguous and/or unstructured
environment and adapt to unexpected project scope and/or deadline
- Desire to learn about new and emerging technologies.
- Works under limited supervision and exercise independent
- Familiarity with financial services technology is a plus.
- Experience working in an Agile project environment
- Understanding of credit union industry and the underlying
solutions that drive payments preferred.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where
every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that
our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of
this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent
thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a
strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of
People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own
core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and
the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million
debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and
more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Alpharetta , Technical Writer I, IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!