Software Engineer Specialist - DevOps
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position Type : Full time Type Of Hire : Experienced (relevant
combo of work and education) Education Desired : Bachelor of
Computer Engineering Travel Percentage : 5 - 10%Job DescriptionAre
you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have
the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and
relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented
people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is
open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all
fun.About the teamCome help build FIS's newest next generation
instant payments platform - RealNet RTP. An elastically scalable,
cloud-native account to account money movement platform, built with
containerized microservices, best in class UX, and end-to-end
automation. Our clients get a single seamless API interface to
execute a payment in real time that they can track from start to
finish through the RealNet UI. As part of the team, you'll get to
work on an exciting technology stack, the AWS EKS Kubernetes, while
building a highly scalable, globally available instant payments
platform.This team works closely in conjunction with the product
teams to enable them to accelerate their product modernization
journey and building innovative solutions. This role is highly
challenging, yet satisfying, and provides a fantastic opportunity
to lead the digital journey at FIS.-------------What you bring
- 10+ Years' experience with at least 5+ as DevOps Engineer.
- Must have experience with Terraform scripting.
- Experience in Containerization technologies such as Docker,
Container Registry and Container Orchestration with
- Knowledge of common DevOps tools, Platforms and practices
(Continuous Integration, Continuous Deploy, IaC, CaC, DevSecOps,
- Considerable knowledge of change and release management
principles, procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of common programming languages such as Java
- Ability to develop and manage agile stories/features in
- In-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage,
database, security, middleware, network and systems management and
related infrastructure technologies and practices
- Knowledge of batch programming in Windows, and Unix/Linux
- Understanding of version control tools such as Git, GITHUB, TFS
- Understanding of development processes (agile, branch
management, release updates, QA testing, UAT and production) as it
relates to software releases
- Knowledge of common automation programming languages such as
Batch, Powershell, Ansible, Terraform etc
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g.,
waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software
development is desired
- Knowledge of standards relevant to the software industry, e.g.,
ISO, CMM, Six Sigma is a plus
- Knowledge of banking and merchant practices, regulations and
operations within assigned line(s) of business is a plus
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to
technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the
organization, e.g., next level leadership executive, management,
individual contributors is a must
- Excellent status reporting skills is a must
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team
and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small
projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal
and external clients and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor
- Knowledge of operating system, security and database
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and ability to think and solve
- Proficient troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of basic problem resolution and escalation
- Experience with object oriented and structured programming
- Experience with scripting language.
- Knowledge of release and configuration management toolsWhat you
will be doing
- Help establish and operate an efficient CI/CD pipeline and
processes. Create images, write Terraform scripts.
- Shares in developing effective configuration management
strategies and solutions for existing and new products.
- Coordinates, facilitates, manages and controls scheduled and
approved change windows for product release and infrastructure
- Participates in change management reviews and confirmation of
changes submitted by associates outside of assigned organization to
ensure minimal disruption occurs.
- Works with all parties to resolve change-related scheduling
conflicts according to established practices.
- Assesses risks and impacts to changes throughout the software
development lifecycle ensuring minimal disruption to the
organization and other FIS and client organizations.
- Ensures proper archiving of software application releases.
- Analyzes the software development lifecycle for process
improvements and automation opportunities.
- Works with development and release management teams to ensure
business requirements are defined and solutions accurately designed
to meet stated business needs.
- Administers and supports third party source, version control,
build, and distribution tools.
- Performs software integration that includes building/compiling
source code and documenting software build/compile process.
- Troubleshoots internal software automation tools and
- Assists with testing and implementation aspects of development
projects including installation, configuration and customization of
internal software and utilities.
- Assists with troubleshooting interfaces to change control and
defect tracking systems.
- Assist with setting up projects in the version control tool,
creating and troubleshooting distributed builds/compiles, as well
as training and providing consultation to development teams on how
to use supporting tools.
- Performs application conversion, configuration and release
deployment duties.Added bonus if you have
- Knowledge of FIS' products and services
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- Knowledge of basic financial analysis principles and ratiosWhat
we offer you
- An exciting opportunity be a part of World's Leading FinTech
- To be a part of vibrant team and to build up a career on core
- Competitive salary and attractive benefits including GHMI/
Hospitalization coverage for employee and direct dependents
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a
broad spectrum of opportunities..Privacy StatementFIS is committed
to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information
that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For
specific information on how FIS protects personal information
online, please see the .EEOC StatementFIS is an equal opportunity
employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran
status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law
poster is available here supplement document available hereFor
positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you
are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to
undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job
description care was taken to include all competencies needed to
successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job
may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable
accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be
reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.Sourcing
ModelRecruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model;
a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment
agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies
which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible
for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our
employees, or any other part of our company.#pridepass
Keywords: FIS, Alpharetta , Software Engineer Specialist - DevOps, IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!