Sr. Software Engineer/Developer
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for developing
applications for POS terminals and other payment solutions.
Proficiency in Kotlin/Java language, Object Oriented Programing and
some level of experience writing unit tests are required. A proven
ability to create design specifications and develop software that
meets customer requirements, fulfills overall product requirements,
and achieves defined performance criteria is important.The role
applies structured development methodologies, code documentation,
unit testing, and continuous integration to enhance overall
software quality. Developer must thrive in a focused, productive,
high-intensity and team-oriented environment. Developer will be
part of a highly skilled and enthusiastic scrum team, that is
developing business solutions for the North American region (US,
Canada and Mexico) in an energetic and agile organization.
Essential Functions/ Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design, develop and maintain user interfaces and underlying
functionality for embedded point-of-sale applications that handle
secure payment processing
- Design, develop and maintain POS solutions
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Implement industry standard protocols and adapt customer
protocol specifications to match product capabilities.
- Create application design specifications (sequence and
state-transition diagrams) and participate in architectural
- Create, maintain, and execute application unit tests as part of
- Analyze bug reports and manage the defect resolution process
(disposition issues, resolve issues, and report issue status).
- Work closely with QA staff to ensure appropriate test cases are
created, maintained and executed.
- Assist with project and task estimation.
- Routinely perform code reviews to ensure high quality designs
and implementation Assist in ensuring quality and timeliness of
- Proactively solve problems and work independently and within a
team environment, with limited guidance.
Competencies / Skills /Education Requirements Required:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related
- 7+ years of object oriented programming, preferably Kotlin/Java
software development experience in embedded, low-level, or message
- Experience developing Android applications using Kotlin and/or
- Must have experience architecting and developing multithreaded
applications, preferably in embedded systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated
attention to detail.
- Object oriented analysis and design using common design
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best
practices and methodologies.
- Hands-on experience developing unit test cases and
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be a self-starter who is highly organized, hands-on, and
focused on continuing professional development.Competencies /
Skills Requirements Preferred:
- Prior experience in POS and retail enterprise-level application
integration and support.
- Knowledge of EMV.
- Experience with POS Hardware and peripherals.
- Knowledge and expertise of PCI technology, transaction
processing, and related retail standards.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Prior embedded experience with a RTOS (ARM, MIPS, etc.).
- Strong experience with Eclipse IDE.
- Experience with Python, Perl, or Ruby scripting.
- Experience with build system tools (Cmake, Ninja)
- Continuous Integration experience with Bamboo or Hudson.
- Prior experience working within an Agile development
methodology (Scrum, Kanban, XP, Lean, etc.).
- Prior experience with UML.
- Experience using Atlassian tools (Jira, Bamboo, FishEye,
- Experience using code versioning tools (Tortoise SVN,
- Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture.
This position does not have direct supervisory responsibilities,
but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this
job, the employee must be able to remain in a stationary position
throughout 75% of the day. The person in this position needs to
occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets,
office machinery, etc. This position requires the constant
operation of a computer and other office productivity machinery,
such as a calculator; copy machine, and computer printer. The
person in this position frequently communicates with both internal
and external clients. Must be able to exchange accurate information
in these situations.Work Environment:This job operates in a
professional office environment.Travel:Travel is not
Ingenico provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals
regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state,
federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative
action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are
treated during employment without regard to any of these
characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.Apply Now
Keywords: Worldline, Alpharetta , Sr. Software Engineer/Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!