Senior Software Engineer
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Who Are We?
MerchantE is an innovative, technology-focused company providing a
full-service platform to support the payment processing needs for
merchants of all sizes, including small business retail shops, B2B
wholesalers, and global eCommerce enterprises. We partner with
financial institutions, software developers, independent sales
organizations, and agents to bring our solutions to market.
Why Join Us?
We're growing and we're looking for collaborative, innovative, and
hard-working individuals to grow with us! We offer a modern and
inspiring work environment where your ideas and contributions are
valued. Come experience, first-hand, the impact of your
We are looking for an Sr. Software Engineer to work, deploy, and
manage backend systems who are passionate about their work and
embraces the ideals of the software craftsmanship and Agile
- Provides hands-on development
- Architect and design and developing software running on J2EE
platform (Spring / Spring Boot)
- Demonstratable knowledge of Pair programming, TDD, ATDD, and
- Create, refactor, and / or implement Service Oriented
Architectures (SOA) and / or Microservice Architectures.
- Develop applications using stored procedures, functions, and
triggers on RDBMS such as Oracle and/ or NoSQL DBMS such as
- Manage legacy Java (non OO) as well modern OO JAVA EE and
- Shift Left testing mentality
- Engage in code reviews Coach team members around code quality,
utilize Sonar tools and reporting
- Sponsor innovation within your team's work.
- Articulate context internally for the team and to the larger
- Consult with architecture, development, infrastructure and
operational teams to address issues relating to application
architecture, such as performance or availability, and recommend
- Ensure Security development and testing is established early an
often into the development process (OWASP top 10)
- Provide the technical coaching to get your team to experiment
and to solve technical problems.
- Organize the accumulated knowledge gained by the team so that
all team members have easy access to this body of knowledge.
- Collaborate across business, engineering and product
stakeholders to drive holistic technology implementations while
maintaining a constant focus on delivering client value.
- Lead and participate in the conceptual phases of identifying
and solving business problems and initiatives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
- 8+ years of hands-on coding experience in Java, C#, or any
major OO language.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in engineering practices like
pair programming, TDD, ATDD, and Refactoring techniques.
- Strong skills in legacy and modern Java technologies, JSON, web
- 5+ years AWS primary or any public cloud application
development and deployment experience
- 5+ years AWS Aurora or PostgreSQL application development
- 5+ years current experience being a solid contributor to agile
software development teams.
- 5+ years of experience successfully working with Developers,
Architects and Product Owners to give options for potential
- Successfully delivered software solutions from ideation to
- 5+ years of hands on experience of Service Oriented
Architecture (SOA) and Microservice Architecture.
- Experience architecting and designing frameworks to be used by
applications that are running on a J2EE platform.
- Working knowledge building applications using stored
procedures, functions, and triggers on a RDBMS such as Oracle and /
or NoSQL DBMS such as MongoDB.
- Working knowledge of continuous integration using Maven,
Jenkins, Chef, and Artifactory.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns and
- Understands and can implement Continuous Integration and
- Exposure to Cloud Environment (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Comfortable working in Linux.
- Implement best DevOps practices
- Work closely with our team of Product Managers, as well as your
own team of developers, QA, and designers
- Be involved in (5+ hours) refinement sessions and contribute to
the health of the backlog (depth and structure)
MerchantE is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse
Keywords: MerchantE, Alpharetta , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!