Mainframe Adabas Database Administrator
Company: LanceSoft Inc
Posted on: March 12, 2023
Job for an ADABAS Operations DBA Responsibilities include:
- Monitor automation messages for database exception conditions.
- Analyze application and database performance problems. Initiates a shift turnover for issues or problems including any outstanding tickets, mails, abends, calls or messages that are still being worked on are communicated or handed over.
- Responsible for the creation, scheduling, and support of database backup and maintenance processes.
- Implement database turnover requests for all APG groups and application for all environments.
- Perform verification for database maintenance upgrades.
- Execute Weekend verification involving the running of the IVP and following up on outstanding reorgs, utilities, or replication tasks.
- Provide support and assistance for the database engineering groups for Weekend work.
- Support efforts for the database Performance Lab.
- Preparing for, coordinating, writing up and communicating the summary of the weekend work.
- Provide level one and level two support on database systems and address spaces.
- Implement changes to database subsystem variables.
- Monitor and read and respond to incoming mail and newsgroups relating to problems and questions.
- Providing level one and level two support of the utility suite of applications. Following the DTS procedures and policies for escalation and notification
- Escalation to next Tier and/or management
- Register events from clients into tracking tools
- Performance weekend verification after infrastructure upgrades and system IPLs
- Build tools to automate reporting, monitoring and improving platform stability
- Test Upgrade and new product releases
- Environment z/OS IBM mainframe
- Adabas 8.5Natural 9.1Adabas Cluster Services
- Adabas Parallel Services
- Adabas Replication Services
- Adabas Delta Save
- Adabas Cache
- Adabas Vista/Coordinator/FastPath
Minimum EDUCATIONAL and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- University Degree (B.S.) and at least 5 years technical experience
Keywords: LanceSoft Inc, Alpharetta , Mainframe Adabas Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
here to apply!