Software Developer, Sr
Posted on: September 11, 2018
Position DescriptionWhat does a great Senior Software Developer do?
As a Senior developer you will develop products and complete implementation and customization of products sold to new and existing clients and business partners. You will be creative, consistent, and contributes beyond the assigned tasks.
You may propose design approaches for review. This person has worked on one or more shipped products, and has experience in each of the basic software development lifecycle steps needed to ship a product. This person has achieved most code-centered, detailed-design centered and task-centered activities.
You will have made a dedication to the field of software development and identifies yourself as a software professional. We need you to be committed to a self-study program, actively reads books and journals, and occasionally reviews papers for journals, proposed industry standards, and so on. This person sets an example of a professional software developer that others within Fiserv and throughout the software industry can follow.
Developers may provide training to clients on product usage and the implementation processes. This person consistently provides high quality customer service for internal and external customers.
You have a well-defined, long-term professional development plan that supports their possible progression to Software Developer - Senior.
Develop requirements and build and test software code to validate functionality against requirements for online and mobile banking solutions for financial institutions. Write production-quality code and implement entire subsystems and feature sets. Accurately estimate and track personal work, communicate accurate status to managers and project managers, and oversee work with project managers and other developers, including identifying project responsibilities outside of standard implementation process and coordinating with appropriate business area. Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, partners, and team members and provide staff and clients with training and technical assistance relating to new, existing and revised products. Assist in development and presentation of manuals, user guides and other materials relating to client products and convey understanding of technical product functionality to clients. Provide post-release support to internal and external customers. Help identify closed loop corrective action for removing process defects in software development life cycle. Mentor peers and more junior members of development team to improve quality and delivery of solutions. Work independent of daily direction and provide statuses as needed without being requested.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION: REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Four-year degree in software engineering, computer science, computer engineering is preferred or equivalent experience is required.
JOB RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- 2+ years of C# experience writing high performance Web Services via WCF and/or writing high volume web applications using ASP.Net MVC3.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field + 5 years of C# experience writing high performance Web Services via WCF and/or writing high volume web applications using ASP.Net MVC3.
- Minimum of 3+ years of MS .Net experience writing high performance Web Services via WCF or REST or writing high volume web applications using ASP.net MVC3 or MVC4
- You will possess 2 years of experience developing unit tests.
- Articulating technical solutions to stakeholders.
- Additional Skills/Knowledge:
- Experience with Internet and computer based solutions for financial institutions and /or retail banking is a plus.
- Microsoft Windows Communication Foundation (WCF). You will be able to demonstrate knowledge of WCF architecture and configuration.
- REST API experience.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or later, Be fluent in basic SQL and stored procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server with emphasis on source control. Additional experience with agile templates within TFS is a plus. GIT a plus.
- Internet Information Service (IIS) 7 or later, will have basic understanding of application pools, web sites, web applications, windows and basic authentication.
- Knowledge of PowerShell a plus.
- You will be comfortable with stories, sprints (working within a 2 week window to complete tasks).
- Be comfortable with rapidly changing and/or loosely defined requirements that are refined over time.
Strong communications skills and be able to articulate solutions and be comfortable participating on a team that may challenge those solutions.
- Knowledgeable of SOA design principles, mocking frameworks, and performance testing
- Knowledgeable of acceptance test frameworks like FitNesse, Spec Flow, etc. is a plus
- Who we are: Digital Channels provides industry-leading products and services for the online and mobile channels to help financial institutions drive deeper relationships and more effectively compete in the digital transformation. Digital Channels develops creative online banking and mobile banking solutions for financial institutions of all sizes with a mission to deliver easy and compelling digital financial management and money movement always at your fingertips. Leveraging in-depth research, user experience design, and industry best practices, Digital Channels online banking and mobile banking solutions are ranked as the top solutions in the market and adopted by some of the largest and most creative financial institutions in the market.
- This Software Developer, Senior works under limited supervision with the goal of developing reliable and maintainable software.
- The developer has experience with all aspects of the software development life cycle (from concept through support) and could contribution to Fiservs development life cycle and methodologies.
- This individual is accountable for the quantity and quality of their work, their teamwork and internal and external customer relations, and the growth of their technical skills to match future requirements of the position.
- Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet. Visit http://www.careers.fiserv.com/eeo for more information.
Keywords: Fiserv, Alpharetta , Software Developer, Sr, IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!