Technical Architect Consultant - SIEM
Company: Dimension Data
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Looking for the next step in your career? Enjoy a challenge? Do you have an ambition for innovation? Want to make a difference? If you join our growing global team, you'll be working for an industry leader with offices across five continents, in over 47 countries and more than employees. You will work with some of the leading world brands across the Fortune 100 and Fortune 500 companies - who are all relying on Dimension Data to help them use the power of technology to achieve their ambition in this digital era.You'll be part of a team who's passionate about making a difference to the way technology shapes how we live and work - whether it's protecting the rhino, connecting the G20 Summit, or revolutionising cycling, giving you the opportunity to do great things. You'll be joining a Global Top Employer, recognised for investing in talent because people are at the heart of our success. You provide the skills, passion and ideas, and we'll provide the platform to realise your ambitions.Great talent. Great teams. Great work. Great opportunities. Want to be part of our team?The CS Senior Technical Architect has good product knowledge integrated with deep technology understanding. The individual may focus on a particular area or several areas of technology or domain and associated products. This employee's primary responsibility will be the overall technical design and build of the custom elements of the solution to meet client business requirements. This will include the ability to design the physical domain from the communications layer, to networking protocols, network gear, interconnects, hardware for all services (apps, web, database, storage and HA/DR) and all cloud services for hybrid solutions.What you'll be doing In this role, the Sr. Technical Architect Consultant will architect, configure, deploy and support SIEM solutions, such as Splunk (including Splunk ES) and other SIEM platforms on both customer premises and remotely. He/she will participate in project plan development, pre-sales activities, and lead the technical side of the SIEM implementation, while integrating various customer information systems technologies. The Consultant role will also include evaluating and consulting on the solution as well as documenting and providing training to customers during various deployment phases to ensure the project success. Responsibilities:
- SIEM Assessment, implementation, tuning, troubleshooting and support of solutions and technologies, primarily focused on Splunk. Regular client interaction and ability to define and manage client requirements and expectations. Define, lead and manage delivery according to the project plan.
- Develop a comprehensive SIEM and Security Analytics architecture to support a highly available and disaster recovery configurations for real-time security monitoring operations
- Perform as technical lead in the development of use cases and delivery of custom content, system integration and event reporting
- Build and implement reporting and visualizations to inform and assist clients' incident response teams and security managers
- Solve complex Integration challenges and debug complex configuration issues
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through interactions with client personnel
- Create delivery & presales tools, improve processes, develop lab test deployments etc. to support Solutions activities.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues relating to delivery activities for SIEM
- Design, develop and document all project activities, procedures and processes in relation to SIEM engagements
- Technical writing/creation of formal documentation such as architecture diagrams, technical designs, and SOPs
- Perform demos demonstrating use cases to sales teams and customers Qualifications/Experience:
- 3+ years working with security tool administration (e.g. firewalls, IDS, end-point protection, content filtering, IAM, DLP)
- 3+ years working with operational information security disciplines (e.g. incident response, security infrastructure management or monitoring services)
- 3+ years of working with SIEM tools performing deployment, configuration, and maintaining operations, content development
- Splunk Certified Architect II or 2+ years architecture experience with distributed Splunk deployment, utilizing search head clustering, indexer clustering, and deployment server
- Federal and Regulatory Compliance knowledge, such as PCI-DSS, NIST 800-53, SOX, HIPAA, ISO27001, and others.
- Hands-on deployment, consulting, configuration, tuning, and troubleshooting experience, with Splunk and Splunk ES. Other SIEM Technologies are secondary.
- Intermediate level understanding of Linux and Windows operating systems
- Good knowledge of a scripting language (Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.).
- Understanding of System Log Files and other structured and non-structured data Hands-on Splunk experience, inclusive of:
- Field extractions, tags, event types, alerts, lookups, and data models
- Experience creating, updating, and managing notable events
- Experience working in Incident Review
- Experience with creating robust reports, notable events
- Experience with Splunk Search Language
- Understand dashboards and data collection
- Experience with Splunk premium apps such as Splunk ES, Cloud or ITSI
- Statistical and analytical modeling experience
- Custom use case and content development experience
- Deep understanding and proven experience in Cyber Security Operations (Monitoring, Detection, Incident Response, Forensics)
- Project and delivery management experience
- RFP/RFI Response Knowledge (ability to work and support proposal efforts)
- Cyber Security experience in complex global enterprise and or Govt. environment a plus Professional Skill Requirements:
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills What would make you a good fit for this role? Certifications:
- Bachelors Degree or 3+ years current work experience in information security with a primary focus on SIEM.
- Industry recognized certification in security (e.g., CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, etc.)
- Splunk Certified Architect II Join our growing global team and accelerate your career with Dimension Data. Apply today. Diversity in Dimension Data Dimension Data is an equal opportunity employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be unfairly discriminated against on any arbitrary ground including race, colour, sex, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or other protected category.
Keywords: Dimension Data, Alpharetta, Technical Architect Consultant - SIEM, IT / Software / Systems, Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!