Java Support Engineer
Company: Rivi Consulting Group
Posted on: October 10, 2018
Job Role: Java Application Support Engineer with AWS Expertise in JAVA Application Support - Knowledge of PL SQL
- Administrator performs the installation, configuration, and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of a WebSphere runtime environment, to include the design and implementation of infrastructure from specifications, configuration and deployment of applications, connecting to back-end resources, and advanced troubleshooting of moderately complex software applications.
- Deployment, administration and operational support of (production, staging, test and development) environments for multiple projects using WebSphere Application Server.
- Under general direction, devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems.
- Work with the development staff to determine project requirements for test/production environments.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications server activities.
- Keep current with emerging software enhancements, security patches and bug fixes.
- Monitor application server performance and respond appropriately.
- Modifies, installs, and prepares technical documentation for system software applications.
- Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures, and provides Tier 2 technical support.
- Provides high level written communications such as white papers, decision documents, or research papers Identify, escalate and document production impact issues for the environment to confirmed delivery for client and business notification.
- Position requires the candidate to be highly flexible in hours of work because of its customer-facing, highly available infrastructure necessity.
- Experience with Web-based applications, SOA (Services Oriented Architectures) and Web application servers (BEA Weblogic, Websphere).
- Competency in relational database structures and SQL. 5 to 7 years of experience. JOB DUTIES:
- Design and code from specifications, analyzes, evaluates, tests, debugs, documents, and implements complex software apps
- Strong Troubleshooting skills in Web-Based, Scripted and Java Application is a must
- Experience in configuring and installing applications in AWS
- Strong Troubleshooting capabilities in AWS
- Uses coding methods in specific programming languages to initiate or enhance program execution and functionality
- Participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and selection of hardware and software solutions
- Perform project management of estimating, scheduling, and monitoring tasks
- Performs expert-level engineering tasks associated with the analysis, design, and development of computer software
- Fluent in the JAVA programming language. Troubleshoot JAVA programs
- Interface with different departments within the organization regarding new deployments MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Experience with AWS and in UNIX/LINUX
- Front-end integration experience working with development teams on the deployment of web based applications (Java, ASP, ASP.NET) in AWS
- Knowledge of WebSphere Technologies is a plus - provided by Dice Java, Unix/ Linux, AWS, WebSphere
Keywords: Rivi Consulting Group, Alpharetta , Java Support Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!