.NET Developer with Property & Casualty Experience
Company: HCL Global Systems
Posted on: November 10, 2018
.NET DeveloperAlpharetta, GA12+ MonthsWebex/ TelephonicRequired Skills : Looking for someone 10+ Years .NET Development experience Looking for someone who has heavy restful API experience Candidates MUST HAVE experience in Property and Casualty Insurance - NO OTHER INSURANCE WILL WORK Additional Skills :AWS is a big bonus SSIS/SSRS is a big bonus Job Description :This is your opportunity to join AXIS Capital - a trusted global provider of specialty lines insurance and reinsurance. We stand apart for our outstanding client service, intelligent risk taking and superior risk adjusted returns for our shareholders. We also proudly maintain an entrepreneurial, disciplined and ethical corporate culture. As a member of AXIS, you join a team that is among the best in the industry.Brief Description: AXIS is investing significantly in its Risk & Actuarial systems to support our growth objectives. This position is for a senior software engineer to meet these challenges. At AXIS Capital Tomorrow Matters Today, as we work to transform existing systems to serve our customers through new and innovative ways. You will be providing your expertise and critical thinking to help evolve our Risk and Actuarial technology to meet these demands. This position requires the ability to work independently on complex project components to delivering on road maps and ensuring organizational buy-in to proposed solutions. Success in this position is largely dependent on the ability to implement, integrate, improve and automate capabilities across the development stack. The Role This job family brings an engineering discipline and best practices to investigating, architecting, designing and implementing new solutions and/or adding new features and functions to existing solutions, which meet AXIS Capital's business needs. Investigation: Investigation starts with understanding the business problem to be solved. Software Engineers may lead or participate in requirements gathering that will feed an iterative based methodology. Packaged Software and SaaS products are commonly identified, and utilized, within AXIS and are integrated with new and existing solutions. Software Engineers are expected to be proficient understand, installing, and integrating to these components. Architect and Design: Designing solutions using an iterative, test driven methodology is the expectation. Software Engineers will write their own unit tests and perform the validation using contemporary tools, moving us towards continuous development/continuous integration. Production ready code is the target for all Software Engineers in this family. Data needs will be gathered, designed, implemented and tested by the Software Engineer using Oracle, Microsoft, or other data repositories. User Interface or User Experience design is the responsibility of the Software Engineer and should use a responsive design framework. Designs and code are peer reviewed with other Software Engineers or architectural governing bodies, depending on their complexity. Proto-typing is expected when introducing new approaches or techniques. Development in multiple modern languages is required with good proficiency. All architecture and design is expected to adhere to good enterprise level application security best practices. Implement: Software Engineers are expected to build and automate the deployment of their components/solutions into production. Knowledge or proficiency in the current industry toolset for this purpose is required. Software Engineers have to possess and demonstrate systems and critical thinking and leverage that in a collaborative team based environment. The ability to play varying roles comfortably is required. They must be self-directed and have the ability to technically lead at a senior level. The Preferred Candidate Will Have
- At least 10 years as a full-stack software engineer/developer or similar role in a software development setting, preferably in an IT environment
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics (Graduate Degree always is a plus)
- An Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- A history of successfully bringing innovative solutions to complex problems
- Experience acting as a primary software developer and/or Integration lead on medium to complex IT projects. The languages and/or platforms the Software Engineer should be familiar with are:
- Experience in full Software Development Life of project development including requirements, design, coding, testing & implementation
- Extensive knowledge in using various tools including Team Foundation Server, GitHub, and JIRA
- Document requirements, perform analysis, provide design, perform coding and code reviews
- Perform unit testing & implementation, provide post-production application support, and perform project/task estimation.
- Work closely with DevOps Engineers on Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Develop projects related to multi-tier, web, console applications, Windows Services, and Windows Forms using software technologies like Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5, C#, VB.Net, ASP.Net, MVC, AJAX, Web API, AngularJS, WCF, Visual Studio, SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, Oracle, JSON, jQuery, Azure, Azure Machine Learning, R Programming, Tableau
- SOA experience with object-oriented Multi-tier scalable solution development with SOAP / REST services & MSMQ
- Proficient in Architecture of Microservices through functional decomposition of monolithic and legacy applications for realizing new business capabilities
- Cloud Architecture & Solution orchestration on SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, FaaS on Microsoft Azure & Private Cloud
- Experience in one or more structured programming languages (C++, C#/.Net, PL/SQL, etc.). Preferably C#
- Experience in Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, PL/SQL, ETL processing
- Experience working with the ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is a plus.
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc)
- 5+ years' experience developing clean, valid, and compatible data applications, websites, web services or distributed applications.
- Ideally have full-stack experience, with expertise in at least one layer.
- Strong familiarity with programming patterns, algorithms and data models Additional Qualifications That Add Value
- Significant hands-on experience in large scale Risk & Actuarial systems implementation projects with demonstrable experience in structured system development lifecycle processes, i.e. Waterfall, Agile etc.
- Very strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience implementing Risk and Actuarial Solutions and knowledge of RMS, AIR, Remetrica, ResQ and Advantage.
- Strong Business Architectural and Process design skills
- Knowledge of industry frameworks and methodologies, such as Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen, TQM
- Experience with continuous software delivery pipelines and containers
- Develop technical & domain expertise and apply to solving product challenges and the design/develop of sound data models
- Work with operations team and help with issue triage and resolution as needed during the product development process
- Total commitment to quality in software engineering practices
- Collaborate in a culture that promotes passion in technology
- Ability to manage priorities, tight deadlines while maintaining highest quality standards
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn new technologies and dig into problems - provided by Dice .NET, AWS, SSIS, SSRS, TFS, CI, CD, VB.net, MVC, AJAX, Angular JS, Web API, JSon, Jquery, Azure, WCF, Visual Studio, Junit, ETL, MSMQ, C#, SQL
Keywords: HCL Global Systems, Alpharetta , .NET Developer with Property & Casualty Experience, IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!