Sr. Database Administrator (DBA)
Company: Liaison Technologies
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Requisition Number 18-0068 Post Date 10/18/2018 Title Sr. Database Administrator (DBA) City Alpharetta, GA Description The Senior Database Engineer is responsible for orchestrating, deploying, maintaining and scaling cloud scale infrastructure targeting big data and platform data management (Relational and NoSQL, distributed and converged) with emphasis on reliability,
automation and performance. The ideal candidate will focus on developing complex ingest, curate and scale solutions and help transform our platforms deliver data-driven, meaningful insights and value to company stakeholders. This is accomplished in collaboration
with database administrators, developers, business analysts and infrastructure engineers.
- Assist project teams with technical issues in all phases of a projects life cycle. including definition of hardware and cloud infrastructure needs, research and development within the project life cycle, technical analysis and design.
Engineering of System Administration related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Automate software builds, configuration, and deployments to testing and production environments. Develop monitoring, alerting and telemetry strategies for data systems.
- Continually investigate methods to improve system reliability and performance, provide input on capacity planning and high availability, zero downtime maintenance and upgrade paths.
- Implement and support big data tools and frameworks such as HDFS, HBase.
- Implement and support streaming technologies such as Kafka and Spark.
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity.
- Bachelor's Degree (in IT desired)
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration.
- 2+ years of operational experience with Hadoop ecosystem (HBase, HDFS).
- Proficient with distributed systems and NoSQL databases, Streaming technologies.
- Strong experience with massively parallel processing and columnar data systems.
- Exposure to building Infrastructure as code, Python and shell scripting.
- Experience with data warehousing and practical application of the concepts on the job.
- Deep understanding and grasp of data movement, duplication and replication and high availability strategies.
- Managing and moving data at scale (terabyte to petabyte or higher) in geographically distributed multi-datacenter deployments.
- Managing stateful data systems with containerized applications with a grasp of declarative configuration and support of microservices on platforms.
- Understanding and experience with data persistence and storage management in a private cloud and tiered storage for long term retention in a hybrid / multi - cloud environments.
About Liaison Technologies
Liaison Technologies is a growing and energized global Integration and data management services company providing unique and high-value services to move, transform and manage business information in the cloud. With a comprehensive array of business-to-business
and application-to-application integration and data transformation services, Liaison's practitioners implement data management infrastructures adapted to each client's specific business requirements. Headquartered in Alpharetta, Liaison has additional offices
in both the U.S. and Western Europe. For more information visit our corporate website at www.liaison.com
Liaison Technologies offers competitive pay and a generous benefit package to all of our full time employees that include FREE medical, dental and vision plans, 401K matching, STD/LTD, wonderful PTO schedules, and 10 paid holidays per year. We also have a great
work environment that includes a game room, free beverages, Bagel Fridays, and many fun events throughout the year. Come join our team of talented and motivated employees!
Liaison Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Liaison technologies not to discriminate in hiring and employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age or any other protected class in accordance
with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Liaison Technologies, Alpharetta , Sr. Database Administrator (DBA), IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!