Company: Applied Resource Group
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Applied Resource Group is actively seeking a Linux System Administrator for one of our customers in the Atlanta area. This individual will be responsible for designing and implementing infrastructure related technology solutions for by performing the following duties:JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and execute the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of server hardware, software, and operating and systems and their supporting management systems
- Define and apply operational policies and procedures governing information systems
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, applying patches, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; escalating application, software, and hardware problems to vendors as needed
- Supports other information services staff in resolving technical support and network issues
- Upgrades information systems by conferring with internal customers, solutions vendors, and service providers as needed; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software
- Applies, and assists in defining, appropriate technology standards for the enterprise and constantly refreshes them based on changes in business need or technology requirements
- Design, build, deploy, and administer various Linux distributions
- Design, build, deploy, and administer VMWARE ESXi 5.x / 6.x technologies
- Support and administer Hadoop clusters
- Deploy, administer, and support Ansible and/or Puppet
- Ability to design, configure, deploy, and administer technology automation solutions utilizing Linux and VMware operating systems and their various features in an Active Directory enterprise environment
- Ability to leverage scripting languages such as shell, Python, Perl, PowerShell, VBScript, etc., to automate repetitive task and reduce human error
- Interact with other teams to assist in supporting and troubleshooting of networking and LAN/WAN; database systems; web technologies; ftp and communication protocols; security standards; and technical project management
- Experience in multiple domain environments, storage virtualization, clustered servers, SAN/NAS etc.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, management, and internal customers as needed
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Protects organization's value by adhering to company data protection standards
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs and records and developing new documentation as needed
- Experience planning, estimating, and budgeting hardware requirements
- Results oriented individual, with the ability to work independently on planning and implementation of large-scale, complex technical solutions in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment with minimal management supervisionWORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or 5+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of experience as a Linux system engineer or architect.
- Experience with containers platforms such as Kubernetes or Docker is a plus.
- Able to work in an office environment with minimal supervision. - provided by Dice Linux, VMWARE, Puppet, Ansible, Active Directory, Python, PowerShell, Perl, SAN, NAS, Docker, Kubernetes
Keywords: Applied Resource Group, Alpharetta , Linux Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!