Senior Software Engineer
Company: Delta Dental of California
Posted on: February 13, 2019
If you think this sounds like you, let s chat. We would love to tell you more!
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL
As the first company to specialize in dental insurance, we are passionate about oral health and its importance to future generations. Our core purpose is the advancement of oral health care to our customers, partners and consumers through dental insurance programs and philanthropic efforts.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc., Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company, together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation s largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39 Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We are looking for a self-starter Senior Software Engineer with excellent technical expertise to help us build our Next Gen Consumer Applications Suite.
How you will make an impact:
* Design, develop and maintain highly scalable & responsive consumer applications supporting high traffic volumes.
* Be part of an engineering team that builds and supports amazing customer-facing products that will drive the next generation of Delta Dental Digital Experience.
* Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
* You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by UI Developers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
* You will communicate with customers and deliver high performing, resilient and intuitive suite of applications that create awesome customer experiences.
* You will work and collaborate with cross-functional team of product managers, UX designers, architects, developers and automation engineers on our agile team.
What we look for:
* BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
* 5+ years of experience designing and developing secure consumer-facing web applications.
* 2+ years of extensive experience building production application with Node.js
* 2+ years of Full Stack Front-End experience. Solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS3.
* Proficient in building and consuming of Restful Web service, JSON based request response.
* Experience building responsive Single Page Web Applications.
* Good understanding of design principles to build a scalable application.
* Strong experience with the design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability and performing applications.
* Proficient with writing unit test case using any of the testing framework like Mocha, Chai, Jasmine etc.
* Proficiency with Chrome and/or other browser Developer Tools.
* Proficiency with Git/Github or other distributed version control systems.
* Understanding of user-centered design, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, accessibility, SEO, responsive design, and website performance.
* Experience with Scrum, Agile Process
NICE TO HAVE:
* Contributions to open source projects.
* Understanding of Relational, No SQL databases.
* Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
* Experience with Linux environment & container technology such as docker.
* Experience with logging tools like Splunk or ELK.
* Experience with distributed cache like Redis.
Benefits & perks:
* 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday off!
* Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost premiums
* 100% paid dental insurance
* 100% paid vision insurance
* Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
* Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve your skills
* Career growth: we love promoting from within
* Strong commitment to work/life balance
* Technology allowance
* Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Alpharetta , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!