Senior Software Engineer
Company: Delta Dental of California
Posted on: June 14, 2019
If you think this sounds like you, let s chat. We would love to
tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook,
@lifeatDDins on Twitter
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits
provider. As an employee you ll take part in our mission to become
the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities
and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an
ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on
pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms
of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take
pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values
of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of
companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the
U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc.,
Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company,
together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation s
largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million
enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of
members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who
execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for
today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of
high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping
commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our
leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and
motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our
employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and
challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems.
Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering
development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other s
strengths and sharing in successes.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with impressive
technical skills and excellent communication and collaborative
skills to help us build our Next Gen Identity and Access management
Platform. Along with writing code, you will be responsible for
designing a feature rich IAM platform, while working
collaboratively with cross-functional team of product managers,
enterprise architects, developers and Automation Engineers on our
agile team. Create awesome customer experiences by building
services that will be consumed by diverse clients.
How you will make an impact:
* Design, develop, test and maintain micro services to support our
consumer facing applications.
* Write highest quality code with utmost attention to scalability,
security and performance. Use TDD and participate in code-reviews
with other software engineers.
What we look for:
* BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
* Strong experience in enterprise Java programming environment and
frameworks, including J2EE, JDBC, Spring, Servlets & Struts
* 2+ years Struts and/or Spring MVC and/or Inversion of Control
frameworks, design work, and leading other developers.
* Strong experience in Java and Restful API Design and Development
is a must.
* Experience with Spring frameworks, Object Relational Mapping
* A thorough understanding of Authentication, Authorization,
role-based access, least privilege and segregation of duties access
control concepts, LDAP, Digital Certificates, OWASP Security is
* Experience in areas such as Federation, SSO, LDAP/AD, SAML,
OAuth, OpenID Connect and MFA protocols is a strong plus.
* Strong experience with Multifactor Authentication and Federation
such as Okta, CA Advanced Authentication or Ping Federate is a
* Strong Experience with Scrum, Agile Process, Unit Testing using
Test Driven Development.
* Developed and deployed applications on AWS or private cloud.
* Strong problem solving and communication skills.
* Great business acumen with a passion to solve for the
Benefits and perks:
* 12 days starting vacation plus 11 holidays and your birthday
* Multiple medical insurance options: 100% paid or low cost
* 100% paid dental insurance
* 100% paid vision insurance
* Onsite gym and/or gym discount and fitness incentive
* Culture of learning: substantial tuition reimbursement to improve
* Career growth: we love promoting from within
* Strong commitment to work/life balance
* Technology allowance
* Social responsibility and volunteer opportunities
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Alpharetta , Senior Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!