Mail Clerk (part-time)
Company: Delta Dental of California
Posted on: January 16, 2020
AT DELTA DENTAL WE:
PROMOTE ACCOUNTABILITY, INTEGRITY AND COLLABORATION: Our employees
are collaborative, self-aware, and ethical. It is our expectation
to do the right thing and follow through on commitments.
FOSTER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Our employees take ownership of
developing themselves and others through coaching, mentoring and
providing/being open to constructive feedback and identifying
VALUE CUSTOMERS AND CULTIVATE POSITIVE EXPERIENCES: Our employees
take time to build rapport with customers, while anticipating and
exceeding their needs to ensure positive outcomes.
If you think this sounds like you, let s chat. We would love to
tell you more!
Follow us @lifeatDDins on Instagram, lifeatDDins on Facebook,
@lifeatDDins on Twitter
ABOUT DELTA DENTAL
Delta Dental covers more Americans than any other dental benefits
provider. As an employee you ll take part in our mission to become
the trusted health partner by collaborating with our communities
and employees to reimagine and deliver new possibilities in an
ever-changing environment. Our Enterprise Strategy focuses on
pillars of Growth and Diversification, supported by the platforms
of Culture and People, Process and Technology. Our employees take
pride working for a purpose-driven organization and live our values
of Trust, Service, Excellence and Innovation.
We are part of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of
companies that provides dental coverage to 74 million people in the
U.S. Delta Dental of California, Delta Dental of New York, Inc.,
Delta Dental of Pennsylvania and Delta Dental Insurance Company,
together with our affiliate companies, form one of the nation s
largest dental benefits delivery systems, covering 33 million
enrollees. All of our companies are members, or affiliates of
members, of the Delta Dental Plans Association, a network of 39
Delta Dental companies throughout the country.
Delta Dental provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, Delta Dental complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
At Delta Dental, our strategy is only as strong as the people who
execute it! We are hiring individuals that are not just right for
today but also for our future. We have built a foundation of
high-trust by treating all people with dignity, making and keeping
commitments, and consistently striving to do the right thing. Our
leaders optimistically share future possibilities to inspire and
motivate others toward their full potential. We expect our
employees to find ways to embrace positive change, be curious and
challenge the status quo, and provide solutions to unmet problems.
Joining Delta Dental means joining a culture focused on fostering
development, building genuine connections, recognizing each other s
strengths and sharing in successes.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for sorting and
distributing incoming documents into predetermined categories.
How you will make an impact:
* Pre-sort incoming mail
* Sort/prep incoming documents by category according to established
* Pickup documents from Mail Clerk stations and deliver to other
* Move completed work to storage locations.
* Retrieve rejected documents from storage for rescan and
reassemble and staple documents for distribution to other
* Prepare completed x-ray claims and miscellaneous documents for
* Pull and print out copies of claims as needed
* Pickup and deliver U.S.P.S., departmental, inter office mail,
claims and word processing/printing materials.
* Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
What we look for:
* May be required to stoop, kneel, climb and lift up to 40
* Must be able to understand and speak English
* Ability to interact well with co-workers
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions. (Comprehend
Training Manual). Detail orientation
* Knowledge of Delta department locations
* Knowledge of general mail and shipping equipment operation
* Ability to multi-task and handle interruptions
* Ability to perform basic math calculations (addition and
* Able to work standard office equipment (personal computer,
photocopy machine, fax machine, etc.)
* Regularly required to sit for long periods of time, and
occasionally stand and walk
* Regularly uses hands to prepare claims for review.
Keywords: Delta Dental of California, Alpharetta , Mail Clerk (part-time), Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!