Purchasing Systems Specialist
Company: Beazer Homes
Posted on: November 23, 2020
Overview: This position is primarily responsible for providing
Purchasing and/or Estimating Department(s) with administrative
support, such as general office duties, data entry, new
starts/permitting coordination, contracts administration and/or
subcontractor/vendor problem resolution.
Company Overview: At Beazer, we build homes. We also build careers.
Driven by a purpose to create durable and growing value, the team
behind each home across the country is diverse, ambitious, and
dedicated. Together, we shape an environment that encourages
learning and community engagement, provides opportunities for
advancement, and aligns compensation with performance.
We look for those who believe in the power of choice, teamwork,
improvement, openness, and urgency; who approach their work with an
attitude of focus, grit, and accountability; and who will be guided
by the principles of safety, integrity, respect, and fun.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
• Sets up all new starts, new subdivisions and options into JD
Edwards ("JDE") system.
• Inputs system bid contracts, field purchase orders, take-offs,
etc. into JDE
• Inputs and manages nonstandard options
• New vendor setup to include set up of new contracts, update with
all costs and description changes and monitor through completion;
set up and maintain contract files.
• Cross-reference fill-ins and take-offs for necessary changes;
process all fill-ins.
• Produce various standard periodic reports from department systems
• Maintain subcontractor/vendor lists.
• May organize and maintain purchasing/estimating manuals.
Education & Experience
• High school graduate or equivalent required. Some Accounting
coursework at college level preferred.
• Two years of Accounting experience at minimum preferred; two
years contract experience may be required; familiarity with J D
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proficient computer skills (especially spreadsheet and word
processing software; may need database experience)
• Eye for detail
• Data entry
Technical Knowledge & Experience
• General knowledge of construction Preferred
• JDE / JD Edwards and Excel
• Typical office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside
of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Additionally, an employee's job duties may change at any time, in
the company's sole discretion.
Personal Information Collection Notice for Job Applicants
In order to process your application, we will ask you to create an
account and provide us with certain personal information, including
your identification data (e.g. name, date of birth, driver's
license number, contact details), education information, and
professional and employment history. If you have any questions
Beazer.com/privacy, which includes a link to an additional notice
for California residents and which link can also be visited
directly at Beazer.com/Californiaprivacy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Beazer Homes, Alpharetta , Purchasing Systems Specialist, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!