Systems Engineer IV (Contract to Hire Splunk/Monitoring Engineer)
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Posted on: April 8, 2021
US-GA-AlpharettaReq No. 2021-7263Category ProfessionalType
We are seeking a talented Systems Engineer IV (Splunk/Monitoring
Engineer) to perform enterprise project work for new and existing
custom and client server based applications that are secure,
scalable, and robust.
- This position is flexibly-remote. That means that this position
is currently remote due to COVID. Once we make the transition back
into the office, there may be flexibility for a hybrid schedule of
both remote and in-office work.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Build and support physical and virtualized servers in a highly
- Advanced skills in performing infrastructure maintenance
activities such as: patching, capacity planning, monitoring,
configuration management, troubleshooting and resolving highly
complex production problems.
- Build strong internal and external partnerships.
- With tenure/maturity, create and maintain complex systems for
the benefit of internal and external customers.
- Build and maintain systems in such a way that exceeds
- Ensure security is and remains critical in the design
requirements and in the implementation of infrastructure.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with internal business
partners to assist in the requirements definition process, and to
gain a clear understanding of the appropriate business
- Play a key role in working with the project team members to
develop requirements, scope documents and project estimates.
- Lead the creation of technical design documents on complex
- Provide oversight to project team members on infrastructure
- Responsible for reporting risks that are identified to the
appropriate team and/or management. Additionally, responsible for
managing, monitoring and reporting risks within the scope of your
work area, to include, but not limited to Information Security
- Actively supports and embraces our core values of Work as
Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence
and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- BS in Computer Science / Computer Information Systems or
equivalent degree, technical training, or equivalent experience can
be substituted for degree.
- Must have expert level engineering experience in Splunk
- Experience with SolarWinds, VROPS, Datadog, ExtraHop
- 10+ years' experience with Microsoft Windows Server, SCCM, IIS,
Red Hat Linux Servers, Active Directory Server, Microsoft Exchange,
Microsoft O365, and Internet Applications.
- 7+ years' experience with virtualization technologies including
VMWare vSphere and/or other virtualization technologies.
- 5+ years of focused experience with enterprise monitoring
- Experience providing architectural vision for deploying new
scalable enterprise monitoring tools
- Prior experience with cloud technologies is required. Azure
would be preferred.
- Expert knowledge of networking protocols, LANs/WANs,
telecommunications networks and application software.
- Prior leadership and mentoring to other system engineers.
- Proven ability to lead a technical team to deliver business
solutions from requirements through product launch.
- Familiarity with compliance standards such as PCI-DSS is highly
- Advanced skills in creating and maintaining system scripts,
user and group administration, security, tuning, configuration and
monitoring of servers.
- Well-versed in ITIL standards.
- Highly proficient in creating and updating documentation as
part of infrastructure implementations.
- Proven ability to write and/or implement scripts for
- Advanced analytical, design and problem-solving skills to
troubleshoot system defects and mitigate the risks issues they
- Expert skills in research and analysis, project planning and
implementation. Understanding and awareness of the business impact
of critical incidents.
- Expert understanding of concepts of project planning and
project management techniques to assist in small projects and/or
- Prior experience within the financial or credit card industry
- 7+ years of patch maintenance, capacity planning, and storage
- Industry related certifications are preferred.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where
every employee can live up to their pull potential; ensuring that
our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of
this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent
thrives. You will be part of an organization that focuses on a
strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of
People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own
core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and
the products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million
debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and
more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Alpharetta , Systems Engineer IV (Contract to Hire Splunk/Monitoring Engineer), Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!