Internal Audit Intern- Summer 2021
Company: CO-OP Financial Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Req No. 2021-7352
We are seeking a talented Internal Audit Intern to
assist our Internal Audit team with executing the annual Internal
Audit Plan. The Intern will be responsible for assisting the
Internal Audit team on individual audit assignments including risk
assessment and controls testing, special projects, and various
other internal audit projects and continuous improvement
activities, as assigned.
What You Can Look Forward to
- Assist and learn about the planning, designing, implementing,
and executing an internal audit, including:
- Performing individual internal audit projects (operational,
financial, compliance, and IT)
- Assisting with internal audit scope, building risk and control
matrix, and performing internal audit procedures.
- Assisting with identifying key control points and weaknesses
within the system or function being audited, and developing process
improvement recommendations for correcting unsatisfactory
conditions, process gaps, improving operations, and reducing
- Documenting audit work and findings in accordance with
generally accepted auditing standards.
- Gain experience in internal audit controls testing.
- Gain experience interacting with internal business partners,
management, and senior management personnel.
- Receive training to use the internal audit tools and/or
opportunity to utilize and/or increase and improve your skills with
Microsoft office suite and data analytic tools.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core
values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly,
Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Three (3) years undergraduate degree completed at
college/university or equivalent experience, particularly in the
areas of finance, accounting (and auditing), and/or information
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite and analytic tools, a
- The ability to work as part of a team demonstrated through
involvement with student organizations, community involvement, work
experience, or other activities.
Why Join CO-OP?
CO-OP is committed to fostering a workplace where every employee
feels valued, respected, and connected. We are dedicated to
understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where
every employee can live up to their value; ensuring that our
employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this
effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives.
You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong
culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People
Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core
values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the
products that we deliver.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial
Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service
organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union
technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services
and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member
experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized
multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated
fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million
debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and
more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological
ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year
and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement
and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- Fun, challenging and, collaborative work environment with
passionate colleagues that care deeply about the intersection of
technology and human-centered financial services.
- Great Work/Life Benefits - Paid Time Off (PTO), Maternity,
Parental, Family Care, Adoption Leave Programs, Community Volunteer
Time Off, and 10 Paid Holidays.
- Health benefits - medical, dental, & vision plus wellness
programs and gym reimbursements.
- 401K with generous company match.
- Tuition reimbursement.
Keywords: CO-OP Financial Services, Alpharetta , Internal Audit Intern- Summer 2021, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!