Company: Risk Solutions
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Corporate Counsel position will provide legal support to the
LexisNexis Risk Solution's Insurance business, which is a global
provider of data and analytics products and services to the
insurance industry. The legal team collaborates with the business
in executing on the strategic goals and objectives of the
organization. The position will require independently advising the
business on matters requiring developed legal and counseling skills
in multiple areas of expertise, specifically in the areas of
contract negotiation, regulatory and compliance review and
As a member of the insurance legal team, you have the opportunity
to work, collaborate and engage with not only the U.S. legal team,
but your colleagues supporting the rest of the globe all focused on
one strategic vision to create, develop and provide the most
skilled, efficient and effective legal support to our clients and
assisting them in meeting and exceeding their objectives.
1. Prepare, analyze and negotiate complex legal documents as part
of a project team with senior attorneys and management.
2. Advise clients on legal and compliance requirements related to
insurance products and solutions.
3. Identify issues, conduct legal research, analyze the law,
prepare memoranda, and advise internal clients regarding complex
issues requiring developed skills in specified areas of
4. Provide customer dispute resolution and litigation support.
5. Respond to inquiries from regulatory agencies, customers and
other third parties.
6. Anticipate and mitigate potential legal problems within the
assigned business units. Develop strategies to avoid litigation and
reduce potential areas of risk.
7. Assist more senior attorneys and management in higher level
matters, as needed.
8. Support M&A transactions, through due diligence, deal
negotiation and integration phases.
9. All other duties as assigned.
1. J.D. degree from an accredited law school required.
2. Active license to practice law.
3. 5+ years of relevant experience in a law firm or corporate legal
department is preferred.4. Excellent verbal and written
communication skills required.
5. Strong legal analytical and research skills required.
6. Experience in data, technology, and/or insurance contracting and
legal and compliance matters is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are
considered for and treated during employment without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship
status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified
individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable
accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual
should please contact or if you are based in the US you may also
contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
Please read our
Keywords: Risk Solutions, Alpharetta , Corporate Counsel, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!