Company: Beazer Homes
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Overview :Develops and maintains all construction documents for
new and existing product for Region/Division
Company Overview: At Beazer, we build homes. We also build
careers. Driven by a purpose to create durable and growing value,
the team behind each home across the country is diverse, ambitious,
and dedicated. Together, we shape an environment that encourages
learning and community engagement, provides opportunities for
advancement, and aligns compensation with performance.
We look for those who believe in the power of choice, teamwork,
improvement, openness, and urgency; who approach their work with an
attitude of focus, grit, and accountability; and who will be guided
by the principles of safety, integrity, respect, and fun.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Drafts and produces construction documents for new and existing
product for Regions/Divisions using AutoCAD techniques.
- Manages and maintains plan files. Makes revisions and updates
construction drawings as needed.
- Assists with regular plan production orders.
- Prepares lot specific construction documents as needed.
- Prepares plans and specifications for lenders as needed.
- Coordinates development and preparation of sales and marketing
handouts and brochure materials with Media Lab including artwork
preparation. Ensures that each division has the most up to date
information in handouts. Coordinates all plan revisions into new
handouts in conjunction with construction document revisions.
- Pulls plan orders for blueprinting and makes copies of new plan
sheets for Planning and Design files and distribution as
- Coordinates preparation of engineering design and drawings,
truss design and drawings, and field repairs.
- Assists P&D Manager/Director in the review of work
performed by outside consultants.
- Maintains drawings as needed, by making revisions and updating
construction drawings, as well as keeping track of revisions to be
made in the future.
- Prepares forms & coordinates procedures necessary to obtain
copyright protection for each current/ future floor plans as
- Senior CAD Associate has more education and/or experience, has
more difficult assignments and may supervise one or more Regular,
and/or Jr. CAD Associates and/or Plan Facilitator. Regular CAD
Associate has more education and/or experience than Junior
Associate and takes on more difficult assignments.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree in Design/Construction related field from
accredited institution with four plus years direct work experience
including use of AutoCAD, or a two year technical degree with six
years direct work experience including two years of AutoCAD use, or
no degree and minimum 10 years direct work experience including 4
years of AutoCAD use.
- Additional work experience may be substituted for educational
experience on a case by case basis and must be approved by VP
Planning and Design.
- Knowledge of residential construction, building codes, and
- Ability to use computers and drafting software efficiently as
well as use word processing, e-mail, and spreadsheet software for
communication and data input.
- Ability to work on several projects and tasks on a daily
- Available to work beyond normal work hours if required to meet
- Ability to read, interpret and communicate information
necessary in order to perform duties.
Typical office environment.
Additional Responsibilities The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They
are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be
required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities
from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee's job
duties may change at any time, in the company's sole discretion.
Personal Information Collection Notice for Job Applicants In order
to process your application, we will ask you to create an account
and provide us with certain personal information, including your
identification data (e.g. name, date of birth, drivers license
number, contact details), education information, and professional
and employment history. If you have any questions about our privacy
policy or would like to learn more, please visit
Beazer.com/privacy, which includes a link to an additional notice
for California residents and which link can also be visited
directly at Beazer.com/Californiaprivacy. Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Beazer Homes, Alpharetta , Architectural Drafter, Other , alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!