Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: May 3, 2021
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications,
information and entertainment products, transforming the way we
connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven
by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better
future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
Driving continuous improvement is what we are all about and you
will support our efforts through providing objective evaluations of
our technology processes to make us better. You'll gain exposure to
the diverse aspects of our business through collaborating with
different business leaders related to our technology controls,
processes, and systems. The work you perform is critical to
reducing risk and providing solutions that protect our company, our
employees and our shareholders.
- Developing and executing technology-based audits and IT and
application control assessments during complex business process
- Learning the functions being audited to verify the
effectiveness of existing technology controls.
- Identifying technology control risks to improve process
- Developing action plans and communicating concise
recommendations to management.
- Identifying risks associated with new technology.
- Participating in department initiatives to further develop the
Internal Audit function.
What we're looking for...
You're a great teammate who enjoys collaborating with various
partners to achieve winning outcomes. You understand the importance
of keeping the lines of communication across all levels to earn
trust. You listen carefully with an intent to understand. You like
digging into the details and coming up with recommendations that
will have a huge impact.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- IT auditing experience in at least one of the following areas:
IT security administration, UNIX, Linux, or Windows platforms
system administration, IT Architect, network security, network
administration, network operation center experience and/or SAP
and/or PeopleSoft technical support knowledge.
- Experience applying technical knowledge in at least one of the
following areas: IT operations or application reviews, network
operations or security audits, SSAE16 or PCI compliance engagements
and/or ERP security and control reviews (Oracle, SAP,
- Knowledge of networks technology, operating systems, midrange
platforms, personal computers, system development, client/server
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer
Science, or related technical field.
- CISA and/or CISSP certification.
- Experience with ACL, Idea, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual
Basic, Microsoft.NET framework, Microsoft Access, SQL, Microsoft
Exchange, or Hyperion applications.
- Technology Audit experience in a Public Accounting firm.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate
our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Alpharetta , Technology Auditor, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!