Associate Corporate Counsel
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Company: LexisNexis Risk Solutions Group
Position: Associate Corporate Counsel
Location: Alpharetta, GA; Dayton, OH; Boca Raton,
FL; New York, NY; King of Prussia, PA
Description:The Associate Corporate Counsel
will provide legal support to the LexisNexis Risk Solutions
Insurance business, a global provider of data and analytics
products and services to the insurance industry. The Insurance
Legal Team collaborates with the business in executing on the
strategic goals and objectives of the organization. The position
directly supports more senior lawyers within the legal team and
requires independently advising the business on matters requiring
developed legal and counseling skills in multiple areas of
expertise, specifically including the areas of contract
negotiation, marketing reviews, regulatory and compliance advice
and other matters as assigned by their manager and other more
senior legal team members.
As a member of the insurance legal team, you have the
opportunity to work, collaborate and engage with not only the U.S.
legal team, but your colleagues supporting the rest of the globe
all focused on one strategic vision to create, develop and provide
the most skilled, efficient and effective legal support to our
clients and assisting them in meeting and exceeding their
Core Operating Principle
The Risk Solutions Insurance Legal Teams objective is to provide
the highest quality legal guidance to support a highly complex,
heavily regulated and rapidly changing business whose goal is to
provide innovative solutions that challenge the status quo while
providing the highest value to its customers.
Basic Job Functions
Were seeking a diligent and proactive associate corporate
counsel who will work under the direction of a more senior lawyer
to assist in providing research, advice and other legal assistance
to other company attorneys as well as to individuals/departments
within the company. Additional responsibilities to include,
contract negotiations, regulatory and compliance reviews, marketing
reviews and litigation support. The successful candidate must be
inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and
being continuously challenged and demonstrate sound judgment even
in ambiguous situations.
- With supervision, prepare, review, and negotiate commercial
- Review of sales, advertising and marketing materials and
programs as part of the Legal team to ensure compliance with
applicable regulations and legal requirements.
- Identify issues, perform legal research, prepare legal analysis
memoranda, and advise others in the Legal group and internal
clients regarding issues presented.
- Respond to inquiries from internal clients.
- Monitor and advise others as to proposed legislative and
- Manage assigned projects to completion.
- Assist more senior attorneys and management in higher level
matters, as needed.
- J.D. degree from an accredited law school required.
- Active license to practice law.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a law firm or corporate
legal department is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong legal analytical and research skills required.
- Experience in data, technology, and/or insurance contracting
and legal and compliance matters is preferred.
Keywords: MCCA, Alpharetta , Associate Corporate Counsel, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!