Sr Metrology Engineer
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- Working in QC and cross-functional teams, the Senior Metrology
Engineer will be technical Subject Matter Expert in CMM systems and
associated processes for shells and manufacturing equipment
- Perform routine CMM testing on shells and manufacturing parts;
includes programming using Zeiss application software; setup and
staging of parts in QC environment.
- Uses engineering methods to optimize CMM related test methods,
programming and processes to provide sustainable gains in product
quality and processes.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and working knowledge of
dimensioning and tolerance standards.
- Collaborates with QC, engineering and manufacturing teams to
improve test methods and processes.
- Works with teams for new instrument set up, installation,
performance evaluation/troubleshooting and
- Develops and manages contact lens metrology documentation and
participates in internal/external audits as needed.
- Provides support for equipment trouble shooting, measurement
results analysis and operation training.
- Statistical analysis including GR&R, data analysis and
problem solving using scientific principles.
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent years of directly related
experience. The ability to fluently read, write, understand and
communicate in English
- Bachelors degree in physics, or engineering discipline such as
optical/mechanical/electrical engineering or optoelectronics.
- Preferred 5 years related experience in CMM in a high
volume-manufacturing environment, with technical knowledge of
metrology processes and basic engineering principles.
- Proven statistical skills and experimental design skills, with
a good knowledge of Six Sigma principles is a plus.
- Software: Microsoft Office Suite and Calypso, PiWeb, MCC and
ERS experience, preferred.
- Programming: Python/MATLAB / C / C++ / JAVA a plus
- Medical device experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Keywords: Alcon, Alpharetta , Sr Metrology Engineer, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!