Company: CSI Laboratories
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Primarily responsible for review and sign out of flow cytometry,
bone marrow and morphology cases. Also, responsible for review and
sign out of surgical pathology cases as needed.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for review and sign out of hematopathology cases in
the areas of flow cytometry, FISH, molecular, and bone
- Responsible for review and sign out of surgical pathology
consultation cases, including FISH and molecular cases
- Application of accepted criteria in formulating and reporting
diagnostic information on various anatomic hematopathology
- Diagnostic interpretation of specimens processed within the
- Ensure that the reports of test results include pertinent
information required for interpretation.
- Ordering/interpretation of appropriate immunohistochemical
stains and special stains.
- Interpretation/sign-out of pathology specimens within CAP
guidelines for turnaround time.
- Provide clinical laboratory consultation to technical personnel
and healthcare providers.
- Participation in Quality Assurance measures for the laboratory
as required by accreditation standards.
- Provide residents and/or trainees information on specimen
evaluation and reporting as needed.
- Provide on-call services as designated in department
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required by CLIA
and other local, state, or federal regulations.
- Minimum of five years related clinical experience in a
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Certified in Hematopathology and Anatomic Pathology (AP) and/or
Anatomic and Clinical Pathology (AP/CP), by the American Board of
Pathology or possess equivalent qualifications
- Laboratory personnel participating in licensure or
certification maintenance programs must complete the number of
continuing education hours prescribed by their licensing or
- Technical laboratory personnel whose certification has been
grandfathered and does not require participation in a certification
maintenance program must complete at least twelve hours of
continuing education annually.
- Possess a current license as issued by the Georgia Composite
Keywords: CSI Laboratories, Alpharetta , Hematopathologist, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!