Transportation Engineer In Training - Transportation Market
Company: Gresham, Smith and Partners
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Our transportation team helps improve the connectivity of the
community through solutions that support the safe and efficient
movement of goods, services and people.
- Assist in designing roadway projects including coordination
with traffic, bridge design, transportation planning, and
- Participate in the development of the preparation of
engineering reports, plans and specifications for major and minor
- Preparation and review preliminary and final plans and
technical specifications, contract documents and estimates, and
make recommendations for additions, deletions and substitutions
when modifications are necessary.
- Communicate and interact with project team members, client
representatives, review agencies and others as appropriate to
project. Assist in resolving a variety of complex problems (e.g.,
conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional
materials, difficult coordination requirements).
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Ability to learn Georgia Department of Transportation systems,
policies, and procedures.
- Ability to learn standard operations, policies and procedures
of a firm, preferably within the A/E industry.
- Advanced knowledge of the practical application of engineering
principles, practices and techniques, including AASHTO
- Skill in Microstation V8i and Inroads desired but not
- Skill in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and
- Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time
- Ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal
relationships. Ability to work independently on multiple tasks
without immediate and constant supervision.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology
- 0-3 years of roadway design experience.
- EIT certification preferred or ability to obtain within 6
Gresham Smith is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Gresham Smith provides equal employment opportunities to applicants
and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran,
disability or any other classification protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from
recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or
employment agencies. An executed GRESHAM PLACEMENT SERVICES
AGREEMENT (PSA) is required prior to any payment obligation for
either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or
agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously executed
PSA, GRESHAM SMITH explicitly reserves the right to recruit and
hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any
financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any
such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including
those submitted directly to GRESHAM SMITH'S hiring managers or any
other employee, shall become the property of GRESHAM SMITH upon
Keywords: Gresham, Smith and Partners, Alpharetta , Transportation Engineer In Training - Transportation Market, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!