US Customs Specialist with FTA
Company: Siemens Corporation
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As a member of the customs compliance IMEX team, the individual
will facilitate transactional support for US imports and exports.
Position to report to Manager of Customs Compliance.
- Ensure full compliance and timely clearance for import
transactions, including issuance of clearance instructions,
monitoring, record keeping and auditing.
- Ensure full compliance for export transactions, including the
review of export documentation, execution of export license
determination, issuance of shipper's letter of instruction, filing
of Electronic Export Information and record retention.
- Interface with customs brokers, business contacts, suppliers,
and service providers to ensure consistency with defined import and
- Identify areas for process improvements, possible solutions and
engage in implementation of such improvements
- Support all executions of audit programs for US Regulatory
Compliance as it relates to US Customs import and export related
- Review/approve Census Errors, AD/CVD determinations, Correction
to Entries, Owner's Declaration statements, etc. as needed
- Maintain procedures and working instructions relevant to the
import and export processes.
- This role requires strong interpersonal attributes including
high ethical standards, strong organizational and communication
skills, high attention to detail, highly self-motivated and a team
Free Trade Agreement Programs:
- Primarily responsible for supporting Preferential Certificate
of origin analysis for designated Siemens division's exports. Tasks
- Timely responding to Siemens divisions internal or external
request for preferential certificates of origin
- Conduct the necessary analysis, including Bill of Material
review, supplier supporting certifications etc. to determine
qualification under the Rules of Origin prior to issuance of
preferential certificates of origin
- Ensure compliance with record keeping requirements in support
of preferential certificates of origin
Support in the utilization of Mendix for Siemens supplier
Preference Certificate Solicitation process. These supporting
functions to include: - Conducting annual preferential certificate
- On-going system improvement efforts and corresponding
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate Process documentation
- Interphase with 3rd party GTM provider where needed
- Support 520(d) and other FTA post importation refund claims
processes in compliance with the regulations and by working closely
with the Siemens U.S. Governance team.
- Assist in ensuring Company's compliance with U.S. laws
governing import, export, and trade agreement activities as it
pertains to the usage of Duty Optimization.
- Collaborates with the Siemens U.S. Customs Governance team in
external and internal audits by Siemens, U.S. Customs and Border
Protection, and other gov't agencies.
- Interface and collaboration with Siemens divisions, locations,
subsidiaries, and IMEX regarding Free Trade Agreements and other
- Stays informed and abreast of Free Trade Agreements and
Preferential trade changes and works closely with management to
determine impact to the Siemens divisions he/she is responsible
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
Licensed Customs Broker is a non-negotiable requirement; needed
to sign free trade agreements.
5+ years of direct experience with reviewing, preparing, and
processing import entries and export shipments, i.e. brokerage.
Advanced knowledge of trade preferences (such as USMCA), duty
minimizing programs (such as US Goods Returned), valuation
regulations, and Rules of Origin.
In depth knowledge of 19 CFR, US HTS, and General Rules of
Proficient in MS Excel database to include data analytics,
Visio, MS Work, and Power Point Presentations.
Effective analytical and problem-solving skills; able to
identify elements of complex situations and implement effective
Hands-on Experience with SAP.
Experience with Thomson-Routers OneSource Global Trade
Management Tool preferred.
Ability to work independently.
Strong collaboration skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication / interpersonal
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the
United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to
make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a
growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they
rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit
sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status,
ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to
ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy,
genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender
identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection
status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable
discharge from military service, and other categories protected by
federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from
discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay
Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional
notices about their personal information. To learn more, click
Keywords: Siemens Corporation, Alpharetta , US Customs Specialist with FTA, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!