Company: Morgan Stanley
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Morgan Stanley, we advise, originate trade, manage and
distribute capital for governments, institutions and individuals,
and always do so with a standard of excellence. We are a leading
global financial services firm that conducts its business through
three principal business segments?Institutional Securities, Wealth
Management (WM), and Investment Management. The Firm's employees
serve clients worldwide from more than 1,200 offices in 43
Our WM business is one of the largest in the world with more
than $2 trillion in client assets, $73 billion in lending balances,
and nearly 16,000 Financial Advisors in 600 offices across the U.S.
Our Financial Advisors focus on delivering timely, customized
solutions and services that help clients meet their financial and
life goals. Our offering includes brokerage and investment advisory
services, financial and wealth planning, access to credit and
lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, and retirement
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is
critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values
rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan
Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a
professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and
grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives
and needs is an important part of our culture.
Global Banking Technology is a dynamic and fast-paced area
within the Firm?s WM Technology Division. We are responsible for
creating innovative technology solutions for the Private Banking
Group, one of the strategic growth areas of the Firm, providing
cash management and lending products and services to our WM
clients. This includes state-of-the-art technology for a nationwide
network of Private Bankers and product specialists who work with
Financial Advisors to provide access to products and services such
as online banking, cards, deposit products, residential mortgages,
securities-based loans and tailored lending. If you are an
exceptional individual who is interested in solving complex
problems and building sophisticated solutions in a dynamic team
environment, this group is the best place for you.
We are looking for a strong software engineer to join newly
established team within fixed income trading. The team supports
several multi-billion trading desks and provides computational
models for real-time valuation, pricing, P&L and risk. Working
closely with traders and quantitative strategists, you will design
and implement mission critical financial systems using modern
distributed architecture able to run on Azure cloud and premise.
You must love building resilient high-performance systems and enjoy
precise nature of technology in finance. This role demands
continuous learning in business and technology, personal excellence
- Solve complex engineering problems within fixed income trading
- Design and development of scalable resilient financial
- Produce high quality maintainable code.
- Build continuously testing suite at various levels.
- Collaborate with other team members through peer programming
and code reviews.
- Interact with traders, quantitative modelers and other business
- Continuously learn fixed income business domain.
- Advocate and advance toward cutting edge engineering
- Follow Agile development practices and ceremonies.
- 3 years of developing production systems in Java, Python or
- Strong computer science fundamentals; scalable and resilient
- Database fundamentals; relational and NoSQL.
- Good communication skills.
- Growth mindset, personal excellence, collaborative spirit.
- Azure or other cloud platforms such as Google Cloud, AWS,
- Expert in Git and development workflows.
- Fixed income domain.
- Proficiency in Java, Spring, Kafka, Spark.
- Proficiency in UI frameworks such as Angular and React.
- Experience in Agile development methodology.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or another technical
Keywords: Morgan Stanley, Alpharetta , Software Developer, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!