Assistant General Counsel
Company: LG Electronics
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At LG, innovation is the foundation of everything we do. We make
products and services that make lives better, easier and happier
through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we make Life
Good from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components
and mobile communications to business innovations in digital
signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting.
We are currently seeking our newest innovator to join our
dynamic team as a Senior Counsel/Assistant General Counsel on the
B2B & Corporate Operations Legal Support Team!
The Senior Counsel or Assistant General Counsel (depending upon
experience level) of B2B Commercial & Litigation will manage
activities related to litigation and its B2B commercial businesses
concentrating on its Air Solutions (AS) and Energy Storage Solution
(ESS) operations. Position will further serve to ensure appropriate
controls are in place to mitigate litigation risks and provide
business legal support for AS, ESS, and other B2B businesses.
- Providing advice on litigation risks to business partners and
colleagues in the law department
- Draft, review, and support negotiation of various types of
complex agreements, including agreements with distributors, applied
representatives, and product purchasing related to LGs AS, ESS, and
other B2B business clients
- Review and advice on proposed external communications including
press releases, external presentations, white papers, remarks, and
other marketing materials for AS and other B2B businesses
- Manage outside law firm partners. Budget and track spending and
associated forecasting and reporting requirements for litigation
- Manage and/or support pre-litigation and litigation disputes,
government administrative agency actions, or investigations
- Work with insurance companies to optimize coverage
- Assist with collection and review of documents in connection
- Assist in the development and implementation of litigation,
discovery, and investigations policies and procedures
- Generally support LG Electronics B2B business teams in the U.S.
- JD degree, plus at least 5-7 years relevant experience,
including at least 4 years litigation
- Experience with construction litigation or commercial
construction contracts a plus
- Strong execution and project management skills and ability to
corral stakeholders from across a global organization on
- Negotiation experience
- In-house legal experience preferred, particularly in connection
with litigation management
- Highly developed organizational skills and the ability to
simultaneously manage multiple projects with aggressive time
- Ability to work independently and with accountability within a
multinational corporate group
- Position located in Alpharetta, GA, with travel (20%) required.
Georgia Bar license or ability to become licensed required
LG Electronics, USA Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, LG
Electronics, Alabama, inc., LGEVU and Zenith Electronics LLC
provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless
of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that
applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment
without regard to any of these characteristics.
Keywords: LG Electronics, Alpharetta , Assistant General Counsel, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!