Software Engineer, Sr. (Mobile)
Posted on: May 4, 2021
Role Purpose and Context:
At Fiserv, software development teams create online and mobile
banking applications used by millions of people around the world.
Our applications give people the ability to quickly and easily
manage their finances, giving them more time to do the things they
value and enjoy.
The Application Management Services (AMS) team is part of the
Shared Services group. AMS is responsible for Tier3 development
support of customer implementations in Production, transitioning of
new Product features from Product Development, and ensures a focus
on quality and sustainability across Digital Channel’s
As a Software Developer in the AMS team, you will contribute to all
aspects of the Software development process. You will work with our
bank and credit union customers to ensure our applications
consistently deliver the quality and features end users want. We
use Lean/Agile development principles to manage our work and
regularly deliver value in the form of maintenance releases and
customized apps to our customers. Along the way, we’ll invest in
your personal and professional development. You’ll be challenged
This position also has a key role in the development of the team,
including providing coaching and continuous feedback. You
will be required to respond to occasional requests for additional
off-hour work in the event of an emergency client incident or
critical business need.
A successful Senior Software Engineer spends their time on:
• Perform software development in accordance with the technologies,
guidelines, and standards prescribed by the company.
• Consult to understand and share knowledge of the DC Software
• Design and develop complete features.
• Review and critique technical specifications and test plans.
• Proactively raise awareness to senior project team members the
potential impacts of any code refactoring, and make effective
recommendations for QA test coverage.
• Ensure that tasks marked as complete have been tested to ensure
that they meet all stated requirements.
• Fix bugs at the first attempt, and seek clarification to resolve
any ambiguity in specification or bug descriptions.
• Identify and raise awareness of inconsistencies in specifications
20% Code Quality
• Deliver testable code that aligns to specifications and includes
automated tests where possible.
• Code in adherence to the DRY principle (e.g. judicious use of
copy & paste).
• Participate in code reviews to identify opportunities to ensure
compliance with corporate guidelines and improve the quality of the
• Apply defensive coding techniques whereby alternative and
exception conditions are anticipated and handled in a manner that
protects the integrity of the system and data.
• Ensure your code includes appropriate comments that captures
intent and references specifications.
10% Problem Solving
• Independently identify the root cause of problems; identify and
implement solutions to these.
• Demonstrate strong problem solving ability for the team.
• Solve problems in a manner which is re-usable and applicable
across multiple projects.
10% Task Management and Completion
• Create tasks based on technical specifications and give accurate
work and task estimates.
• Prioritize and complete tasks based on importance and
• Remain focused on long-term goals when executing against
• Provide regular, clear updates on task progress to relevant
5% Technical Design Decisions
• Consult to understand business and technical requirements, and
apply these to make sound design choices that are consistent with
product standards and patterns and makes appropriate use of
• Validate technical approaches and decisions through prototyping
and proof of concepts, constructive criticism and debate in
adherence to the Digital Channels technical and design consultation
5% Technical Issues and Risks
• Use a methodical approach to identify mistakes and
• Raise technical, security and performance risks for your project
to the relevant stakeholder.
• Create high quality documentation (including technical design
documents) that meets the needs and expectations of
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of reference material by
proactively filling gaps, correcting mistakes and resolving
ambiguity. Seek review from colleagues on your proposed
Technical Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications:
• At least 5 years hands-on software development experience
designing, writing, debugging and testing code.
• Advanced understanding and ability to use common computer
programming algorithms to solve problems.
• Experience in designing, building, refactoring and releasing
native mobile applications.
• Advanced understanding of software development patterns,
including the implementation of iOS/Android design patterns
• Advanced understanding of coding techniques which contribute to
the reliability, maintainability, readability, simplicity,
performance, and testability of software.
• Solid understanding of IT environments including networking,
server technologies, databases, security and performance.
• Experience and proficiency in the day-to-day practicalities of
Software Development methodologies and practices such as Lean,
Agile, SAFe, Scrum, Waterfall and Kanban.
• Ability to effectively collaborate with various teams and
stakeholders to remediate defects, solve issues and improve
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
• Software development qualifications such as Microsoft Certified
Professional Developer or Oracle Certified
Java Programmer preferred.
• Tertiary qualification in Information Technology or Computer
Sciences, and/or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Hands-on software development experience writing Android or iOS
• Hands-on experience and proficiency in at least one or many of:
Objective-C/Swift (iOS), Java/Kotlin (Android).
Travel: Less than 5%
Keywords: Fiserv, Alpharetta , Software Engineer, Sr. (Mobile), Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!