What does a great Database Administrator, Advisory
You will support Microsoft SQL databases, including all
client-facing environments, backups across internal and end-user
As a Database Administrator you can look forward to:
Working closely with internal customers to deploy changes into
the production environment, managing the change control processes,
using internal tools, monitoring, responding to and troubleshooting
SQL Server alerts. The position will also be on-call on a
rotating basis with the rest of the team.
Additional responsibilities include working with application
developers to integrate efforts with relational databases,
participate in team or company projects as required, maintain
state-of-the-art knowledge of existing best practices in database
administration, design, and implementation, capacity planning and
provides on-call support.
Basic qualifications for consideration:
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills.
- Experience supporting/administering MS SQL in an enterprise
- Understanding of how to deploy SSIS packages and the supporting
- Monitor and maintain the health of the production (and/or lower
- Experience with backup processes & procedures.
- The ability to document and implement standard operational
- Work on documenting areas that need to be addressed.
- Provide 24 X 7 production database support to help resolve
production and application related issues (Severity 1 or 2) when on
- Understand and utilize the change management process.
- Perform updates/changes during maintenance windows.
- Understand current capacity issues and the capacity planning
- Work with team to review change requests.
- Participate in software deployment.
- Solid understanding of database structures, theories,
principles, and best practices.
- Strong understanding of Clustering, Database Mirroring, and
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology,
or Business or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree or High School diploma with 8+ years
equivalent work experience.
Job Related Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of DBA experience
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL and how to tune it in a highly
specialized fast paced, 24X7 operation environment. Windows
scripting, experience with SQL Query Language.
- Knowledge of escalation and Root Cause Analysis, and industry
Up to 20%
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- PowerShell experience.
- ITIL experience\certification.
- Standards development or agile application development.
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes
a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits
package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety
of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our
commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and
fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t
thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every
minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions,
corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of
times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling
innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the
way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000
associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so
their customers, members and consumers can move money when and
where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that
moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE
Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive
year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your
Forward with us.
Fiserv is an Equal Opportunity