Sr. DevOps Engineer
Posted on: May 4, 2021
What does a great Sr. DevOps Engineer do?
Sr. DevOps Engineers will be responsible for the deployment,
monitoring, troubleshooting, automating and maintenance of critical
enterprise application platforms in production. Collaborate on a
founding team first and a large organization second. This is
exciting, you will wear many hats, some you will be familiar with
and others will be an opportunity to develop. This role will work
collaboratively with software developers to deploy and operate our
core systems, help automate and streamline our operations and
process and build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring,
and operations, troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development,
test, QA, and production environments.
As a Sr. DevOps Engineer, you can look forward to:
- Demonstrating your experience in runtime, build and deployment
technologies and state-of-the-art project tools: CI/CD, GIT,
Jenkins, Maven, Eclipse, JIRA and Confluence.
- Utilizing your scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python,
bash or PowerShell) and automation skills.
- Utilizing your knowledge in AWS Cloud and Cloud Orchestration
Tools (Terraform, etc.), Containerization Docker/Kubernetes, Salt,
Linux Shell-Scripts, ELK stack Grafanna, Splunk.
- Analyzing and resolving complex infrastructure and application
- Using your strong communication skills, team spirit and empathy
to collaborate with multiple teams.
- Willingness to take ownership and ability to show strong
personal dedication for the department and the team goals; must be
comfortable with being considered a reliable and proactive
influential team member who is not afraid to take on responsibility
in the team.
- Communicating clearly to business analysts and stakeholders as
well as technical-representatives.
- Planning, highlighting and implementing possible improvements
for existing and new applications.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical
- 4+ years working as a DevOps Engineer
- Familiarity with container orchestration services, especially
- Familiarity with agile software development
- Significant experience with Linux operating system
- Experience with infrastructure scripting solutions such as
PowerShell or Python
- Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime
environment, including automation experience with configuration
- Understanding network topologies and common network protocols
and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Solid understanding of SQL, DB2, Cassandra and Oracle
- Hands on experience with multiple middleware technologies like
WebSphere liberty, Apache, MQ, WebLogic etc.
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we
know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we
are. We help people and businesses move money and information every
minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions,
corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of
times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re
Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative
financial services experiences that are in step with the way people
live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates
proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their
customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they
need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money
and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500
company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies
for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and
purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with
Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is
an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
Keywords: Fiserv, Alpharetta , Sr. DevOps Engineer, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!