What does a great Financial Services Operations, Sr.
Consultant/Client Technical Support Consultant do?
In this position, you will work in a dynamic,
professional, customer service-oriented service environment with
large enterprise financial institution clients. You will
provide day to day support answering questions and addressing
complex issues. You will provide quality direction to other
associates responding to customer inquiries / solving problems
associated with the use of our online financial service products
and services. You will identify opportunities to improve the
client experience that will drive business
As a Financial Services Operations, Sr. Consultant,
you can look forward to:
- 2nd tier support for clients and associates; escalation
contact for internal associates and clients.
- Answer incoming client inquiries - phone calls, cases,
- Document issues for resolution and archival.
- Under limited supervision, troubleshoot, diagnose and
resolve complex functional [technical] and/or operational
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) for majority of
products within a designated domain; identify and resolve all
issues presented for all products in designated domain.
- Mentor and coach other associates; train new
- Assist in leading and taking action during change
- Effectively communicate and escalate complex issues to
Product Development and other SME’s.
- Represent Client Services in project
- Provide consultative support to high-value
- Attain an in-depth knowledge of all products within a
designated domain as well as other Fiserv products that
- Understanding of technical troubleshooting approaches,
tools and techniques, and ability to anticipate, recognize, and
resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational)
Required Qualifications for
- High Diploma Required; Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in a banking or financial technology services
environment; preferable Deposits or Loans
- Experience handing client calls/cases (via phone, e-mail,
or case). Advanced understanding of client expectations. Leads
efforts to resolve issues for high profile/sensitive clients
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
Advanced interpersonal skills. Ability to handle escalated
conversations with appropriate stakeholders throughout the
organization. Openly share knowledge and insights with team
- Experienced in positively influencing clients, outside
stakeholders, and other associates. Inspires and leads by example,
serves as mentor/coach.
- Solid understanding of the banking/financial services industry
(i.e. regulatory and compliance requirements, etc.)
- Experienced in summarization and simplification techniques to
explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language
appropriate to the audience; Ability to monitor, measure, and
optimize individual and combined utilization of application,
hardware, software and telecommunications components to meet
- Flexibility to work after hours/on-call/weekend as needed
- Must be able to work varying support hours, 8am – 5pm,
10am – 7pm, 11am – 8pm on rotating basis, and on-call.
- Travel – up to 10%
- Working understanding of Signature Core or DNA core
- Advanced understanding of the Bank Solutions business model.
Advanced understanding of individual clients/designated
- Results Orientation: Leverages time in a manner that
increases effectiveness. Executes more than one activity or task
simultaneously and delivers on individual and assists with team
Consistent accuracy and attentiveness to detail without
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv
takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive
benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a
variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs.
Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services
and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t
thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information
every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial
institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another,
millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments
enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step
with the way people live and work today. The company’s
approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than
100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move
money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that
moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE
Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the seventh consecutive
year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful
In this role you will be aligned with solutions to our
banking customers. We deliver comprehensive bank platforms and
value-added products and services for community, mid-tier, and
large financial institutions. We offer flexible technology
solutions that enable financial institutions to quickly align to
customers' expectations. With a modular approach to delivery,
financial institutions can preserve platform investments while
delivering both updated functionality and a consistent experience
From understanding consumer needs based on the latest
research to analytics and advisory services that help identify
growth opportunities from accounts, payments and industry data, we
help clients access and act on data to create better
Fiserv bank platforms – Cleartouch, DNA, Precision,
Premier, Signature – enable banks to efficiently manage a wide
range of activities such as account opening, deposits, withdrawals,
loans, customer information management, and general ledger and
accounting tasks. Each Fiserv bank platform has unique
capabilities, but they all help our clients improve customer
service and streamline their back-office operations.