H-SQUARED HEALTH RESOURCES INC
JOB DECRIPTION/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE/LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
Provides skilled nursing care to patients in their home under
the supervision of a registered nurse. Provides service in
accordance with H-Squared Homecare philosophy, standards and
1. Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational
2. Currently licensed as a licensed Practical Nurse or Licensed
Vocational Nurse in the State.
3. Complies with accepted professional standards and
4. One year prior professional nursing experience, homecare
5. Current CPR
6. PPD or chest x-ray if applicable
7. Successful completion of H-Squared Homecare screening
examinations with a score of 80% or greater.
8. Participation and completion of the H-Squared Homecare
Director of Clinical Services and/or Clinical Supervisor and/or
1. Each shift or visit reflects the provision of skilled nursing
care rendered in accordance with physicians orders.
2. Changes in patients condition are identified and documented
with resolution on appropriate clinical form.
Director/Supervisor notification if applicable.
A. Physician notification to obtain necessary orders for
intervention(s) per state regulations.
B. Performs specific treatments and medication administration in
accordance with physician orders.
C. Adheres to H-squared Homecare policies and procedures.
3. Documentation reflects patient collaboration and
participation in their plan of care.
4. Skilled observations and significant changes in patient
status are communicated to the Director of Clinical Services and/or
Clinical Supervisor/Case Manager.
5. Request for modification of orders and additional orders are
made based on the patients clinical status and Skilled nursing
6. All physician collaboration /coordination of care is
documented in the medical record and communicated as needed.
7. Attends case conferences, team meeting education in-services