Company: TRC Staffing
Posted on: June 4, 2021
POSITION OVERVIEW: Responsible for performing routine
building maintenance tasks. Performance of building maintenance
tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating,
ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.); Perform
general cleaning. Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional
systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and
recommendations using a pre?established check sheet.
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not be
limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches
and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast,
sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate
hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair
of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, replacing
drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g.
preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply
paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices
and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage
bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and
maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty
tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, break areas, rest rooms,
elevators, stairways, parking lots, and other work areas as
- Purchase/Order parts and maintain required documents.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
- Escort service contractors to necessary locations for equipment
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Two years working experience in facility maintenance.
- Trade certification in the areas of electrical, plumbing and
carpentry is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to read, writes, speaks and understands English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Motivated, Self-Starter.
- Ability to meet or exceed the company’s attendance and
- Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Ability to read and understand written instruction and
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use miscellaneous electronic equipment (e.g.
calculators, computers, FAX machines, copiers, etc.).
- Ability to identify and resolve potential safety problems and
unsafe work practices.
- Ability to inform supervisor of unusual safety concerns and
make recommendations for resolution.
- Lifting or pushing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb fixed and step ladders.
- Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally,
climbing, walking, etc., as job may require supplies).
- Must be able to work outside in hot or cold conditions.
Keywords: TRC Staffing, Alpharetta , Facilities Technician, Other , ALPHARETTA, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!