Sourcing Operations & Shared Services (SOSS) Reporting & Analytics Vice President: Americas
Company: Morgan Stanley
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Morgan Stanley mobilizes capital to help governments,
corporations, institutions and individuals around the world achieve
their financial goals. For over 75 years, the Firm's reputation for
using innovative thinking to solve complex problems has been well
earned and rarely matched. A consistent industry leader throughout
decades of dramatic change in modern finance, Morgan Stanley will
continue to break new ground in advising, serving and providing new
opportunities for its clients.
Morgan Stanley is committed to maintaining the first-class
service and high standard of excellence that have always defined
the Firm. At its foundation are five core values: putting clients
first, doing the right thing, leading with exceptional ideas,
committing to diversity & inclusion and giving back, that guide its
more than 55,000 employees in 1,200 offices across 43
REM (Reengineering & Expense Management) works in close
partnership with the businesses and support functions to identify
and execute opportunities to manage expenses through strategic
sourcing, demand management, process reengineering, and procurement
management. REM leverages the Source-to-Pay process to create
expense data transparency and ensure vendor contract compliance.
REM also manages our supplier relationships and our outsourcing
risk. The SOSS (Sourcing Operations and Shared Services) Reporting
& Analytics team is part of the REM department.
This is a reporting & data analytics role within REM (Vice
President Level). The successful candidate will report to the
Global Head of SOSS Reporting & Analytics and be responsible for
overseeing the delivery of reporting solutions to stakeholders in
Firmwide Sourcing and across the Firm. The candidate should have
strong leadership skills in order to successfully oversee a global
team of full time employees, as well as, the delivery of contingent
resource services. This position will require strong attention to
detail, ability to multitask, and an understanding of expense
management, invoicing, procurement and sourcing end to end
The candidate will work closely with Firmwide Sourcing
leadership to ensure the team successfully provides analytical
support for negotiations, use data and analytics to provide value
added insights, optimize processes to standardize data collection
and rationalize outputs, provide data quality assurance, and lead a
variety of data analytics and process automation initiatives. The
candidate is also responsible for overseeing the accurate
production of KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and metrics
regarding savings, productivity and other performance measures as
well as work with a range of leaders to introduce and
operationalize incremental KPIs. In addition to having a
technology-based skillset, a strong business acumen is essential in
order to provide impactful analytics and help position the team for
- Oversee and manage the SOSS Analytics and Price x Quantity
- Provide coverage for the Global Head of SOSS Reporting &
- Monitor business needs proactively to determine how data and
analytics can be leveraged to gain commercial value.
- Utilize industry experience to optimize processes from the
source to pay spectrum.
- Turn business requirements into solutions that drive meaningful
reporting and analysis for stakeholders across Firmwide Sourcing
and the Firm.
- Manage an evolving pipeline of deliverables; prioritizing and
delegating as needed in order to meet deadlines.
- Create and deliver managerial presentations, quarterly business
reviews, and other MIS reports as required.
- Become a subject matter expert on the data model/structure in
order to perform analyses and apply it to business needs.
- Create project plans independently and leverage the appropriate
resources to drive these projects to the finish line.
- Develop new metrics to drive efficiencies, savings, and data
quality for Firmwide Sourcing.
- Work independently with stakeholders for any ad hoc requests or
modifications to existing reports and dashboards.
- Develop, modify, and maintain visualizations and dashboards
that are hosted on an in-house Tableau server (MSViz).
- Write complex queries for large volumes of data (joins,
functions, sub queries, etc.).
- Ensure all daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly deliverables are
completed on time and accurately.
- Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis; investigate
discrepancies and gaps for issues arising from any errors or source
system data quality.
- Monitor/manage ad-hoc and day to day tasks and ensure
procedures are documented.
- 8 years' experience in a professional setting with a strong
focus on reporting and data analytics.
- Education: Minimum of a Bachelor?s Degree in a relevant field
(Finance, Information Systems, Data Science, Technology
- Analytical skills: The candidate must be highly analytical with
experience in using objective data to drive strategic
recommendations. Experience of collecting, analyzing, and
synthesizing large and complex datasets in order to provide
insightful analytics to senior stakeholders.
- Management: Experience managing and working with a diverse
- Industry experience with report development, data warehousing,
business analytics, and using data science/business intelligence
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills; PowerPoint, Word, Access, and
Excel (complex formulas, pivot tables, slicers, data connections,
- A willingness to understand underlying data, sources, data
elements, and end to end data flow in order to provide clarity to
- Client management and teamwork skills: The candidate must have
demonstrated ability in being flexible and working with
stakeholders and colleagues at all experience levels, as well as
- The candidate must possess strong written and oral
communications skills, and prepare presentations and documents for
- Comfort juggling multiple priorities; strong organizational and
time management skills
- The ability to create practical and comprehensive
implementation plans, and partner with Technology to test and
introduce system changes and enhancements that impact the reporting
- Experience with Ariba On Demand or other source to pay
- Industry experience with sourcing, procurement, and expense
- Experience managing or working with offshore teams.
- Experience with Tableau dashboard development.
- Experience with Accounts Payable, third party risk, and expense
Keywords: Morgan Stanley, Alpharetta , Sourcing Operations & Shared Services (SOSS) Reporting & Analytics Vice President: Americas, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!