Construction Site Manager (Temporary) - Industrial Market
Company: Gresham, Smith and Partners
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Our agile industrial team specializes in designing efficient
facilities that optimize our client's bottom line.
Our Industrial Market is looking for a Temporary Construction
Site Manager to work on a project in Memphis, TN from Mid-March to
As Construction Manager, you will represent the owner's interest
by providing oversight of the owner's physical forces working on
the project site. Working with all stakeholders to deliver the
project; on time, on budget, to the owner's expected standard of
quality, scope and function.
- Enforce Health & Safety Plans
- Manage contract administration including; budget, risk
management, change process (change orders and contract
modifications), quality assurance, scope, schedule monitoring,
payment requisitions, submittal & RFI processes and prepare project
- Keep all stakeholders informed throughout the entire project.
Report work progress and budget matters to clients.
- Perform risk mitigation activities and follow site safety
- Facilitate and lead project meetings while documenting for
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, and contracted
- Respond to work delays, emergencies, and other problems.
- Review contractors schedule and provide comments.
- Coordinate, implement and execute all project documents and
procedures in a project administration database.
- Review and answer minor submittals and RFI's while obtaining
subject matter expert reviews on others as necessary.
- Understand project site logistics, specifications, geotechnical
report, drawings, environmental studies, Erosion & Sedimentation
Control plans, building codes, licensing requirements.
- Work in construction field office, manage and assign tasks to
direct reports including administration operations and resident
- Participate and assist in hiring team members including;
interviewing, annual performance reviews and discipline.
- Oversee site representatives monitoring quality and be able to
conduct quality assurance inspections.
- Coordinate commissioning requirements.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Resolve a variety of complex problems (e.g., conflicting design
requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult
- Knowledge of OSHA safety standards.
- Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of client systems, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of standard operations, policies and procedures of a
firm, preferably within the A/E industry.
- Advanced knowledge of the practical application of engineering
principles, practices and techniques.
- Ability to operate office equipment such as personal computers,
calculators, and copiers.
- Skill in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and
- Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational and time
- Ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks without
immediate and constant supervision.
- Bachelor's in Construction Management or like degree with
relevant experience is required.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in construction management,
construction/inspection experience on a wide variety of industrial
- Prefer experience in industrial construction methods.
- Licenses/Registrations/Certifications a plus; May be required
to participate in certification and training courses post-hire as
required by OSHA and/or client-specific requirements.
Gresham Smith is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Gresham Smith provides equal employment opportunities to applicants
and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race,
color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran,
disability or any other classification protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from
recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or
employment agencies. An executed Gresham Smith PLACEMENT SERVICES
AGREEMENT (PSA) is required prior to any payment obligation for
either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or
agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously executed
PSA, Gresham Smith explicitly reserves the right to recruit and
hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any
financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any
such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including
those submitted directly to Gresham Smith's hiring managers or any
other employee, shall become the property of Gresham Smith upon
Keywords: Gresham, Smith and Partners, Alpharetta , Construction Site Manager (Temporary) - Industrial Market, Other , Alpharetta, Georgia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!